- advertisement -

Pump not Rewinding? Cartridge won't go in! Whew!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by kimmcannally, Jun 22, 2011.

1. kimmcannally

kimmcannally Approved members

I thought J's pump was a goner yesterday. I had my DD change the cartridge while I was at work (at a local park field trip with a summer camp). DD stated the cartridge would NOT go in the pump and they could see the piston. I had them rewind it again, nothing changes, the cartridge won't go in the pump.

Too bad I didn't think about having her take a picture of the cartridge. I had prefilled one the day before, so she didn't have to fill it herself or it might have helped matters.

I told her to bring J and his pump to me at the park (thank God it was close) and when they arrived, I immediately saw the problem.

Wait for it.....
    :D

She had simply inserted the tubing into the back end of the cartridge, instead of screwing it onto the front end. LOL :D:rolleyes:

Thank God they didn't manage to get it in the pump - it would have been backwards and would have been squirting insulin out into the pump.
    Ahh, good times....... :p