- advertisement -

pump is on it's way

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by mom24grlz, Nov 11, 2010.

1. mom24grlz

mom24grlz Approved members

Just got a call from Animas, medicaid will cover the pump and supplies. Yes!!:D They're shipping it today and we're supposed to get it on Monday the 15th.

Here's my question: The person i was speaking to said that our care provider requires that we set up the pump class training appointment. However after hanging up, I read this on our pump papers

The Trainer will schedule the training at _________children's hospital.

I guess if no trainer contacts me within a week of getting the pump I'll contact animas and see what's going on.

2. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

I would think your endo office or trainer would call you to set up the appointment.

Congrats!

3. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

It sounds like your endo's office wants you to train through them and not through animas. Sometimes it can take a while for pump classes, so I'd call the endo's office and ask how the training will be done and with whom.

4. 2boysmom

2boysmom Approved members

We had to call to schedule training at Children's hospital once we had the pump in hand. We did no training through Animas.

5. 5kids4me

5kids4me Approved members

That is great! There was some confusion on who would set us up also...it was the trainer in the end who set it all up.

6. Lizzie's Mom

Lizzie's Mom Approved members

Ditto here, and it took us a full 5 weeks to get in, so the pump sat in its box on a shelf looking at us . . . :cool:.

I'd call now to set up a pump start/training date ;).

We're 2 days in and loving it btw!