advertisement

Pump classes

Discussion in 'Teens' started by Mgirod, Apr 24, 2016.

1. Mgirod

Mgirod Approved members

Hey everybody! So I am (finally) scheduled for pump training classes and just wanted an idea of what to expect. I'm excited but also super nervous. Like what is going to happen during the classes and stuff like that? Is it going to be difficult to adjust to? Is the pump easier to deal with compared to a pen and shots? TIA!!

2. rgcainmd

rgcainmd Approved members

I suspect that pump classes differ from place to place, so I have no clue as to what you should expect...

IMO, pumping is definitely more difficult to wrap one's mind around compared to using pens or going old school with syringes and vials. But the ability to fine-tune basal rates, set extended boluses, etc. is worth climbing the steep learning curve.

You must be so excited!

3. Cheetah-cub

Cheetah-cub Approved members

In our pump class. We were introduced to 4 major pumps. There were presentation slides for each pump, the pros and cons (limitations). Then there were sample pumps for us to look over, touch and feel, and click through some of the functions. There were the pods, and the varies infusion set options for the tubed pumps. I thought it was very informative.

When switching MDI to a pump, there is a learning curve in the beginning, but it definitely made our life with T1D easier. I hope you will love your new pump as much as we love ours.