- advertisement -

Pump Cases are $30?!? NO WAY!

Discussion in 'Grandparents' started by nataliemca, Apr 21, 2009.

1. nataliemca

nataliemca Approved members

Ok, my daughter just started on the One Touch Ping pump and being the fashionista that she is she wanted like 5 of them. So, after a few trials, I made our own. Now, I would like to share them with other parents who's kids want a bunch of cases too! SO check out etsy.com and search for insulin pump cases. My store name on etsy is pulchritude, bet there are a few others there who are selling cases also. I just wanted to share that and hate how since it is such a niche that companies and people can charge so much. ( Doesnt help with coping) - Mother of Riley

2. janeirene

janeirene Approved members

Pump Cases

I made Ashley a couple of cases after the ones I purchased wore through. The last time I purchased a case (I won't say where I purchased it), Ashley didn't care for the design. I notified the company that I wanted to exchange it....several times....and did not receive a response back. I was very disappointed in the customer service, to say the least. So I took the pump case apart, and drew my pattern from it. I made her a pump case from denim and machine embroidererd her initial on it in pink. She just loves it!! And I found the stretch belt, which I have been searching for the longest time! So now I can do my own cases and match them up to whatever she is wearing at the time! I still, occasionally, let her order one from another outfit which has been very helpful with my questions and if I had any problems were able to give me the help I needed!! Just wanted to vent a little....pump cases are expensive and girls are so girly...they have to have them all!!!!

3. Kalebsmom

Kalebsmom Approved members

I would love to see some pictures. I can not sew to save my life.

4. janeirene

janeirene Approved members

Pump Cases

My granddaughter is also a fashion diva when it comes to pump cases! But at almost 13 years now, she wants to put it in her jeans pocket or use the clip which comes with it. But she has a few pump cases and they were indeed costly! I tried making them, and they turned out okay...but she was not thrilled. I will take a look at your store and see if she likes anything there. Thanks so much for the post. BTW, Ashley was diagnosed at the age of 4 and is doing beautifully!