- advertisement -

Protein in urine

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by BRANDYB, Mar 1, 2011.

1. BRANDYB

BRANDYB Approved members

Haleys dr said they found a small amount of protein in Haleys urine at her last appt. We did a retest and I have the results and can not figure them out. Her urine creatinine is 159.0 and that was first morinings urine. Does anyone know if this is okay? I am at work and got the results so I have not talked to the doctor yet. Thanks.

2. TheFormerLantusFiend

TheFormerLantusFiend Approved members

I believe this is a normal for urine creatinine but are you sure it was urine creatinine? Not microalbumin? Or albumin/creatinine ratio?

3. Tuff

Tuff Approved members

Our 11 yr old son has protein in his urine too. If it is in the first morning urine it is usually microalbumin. Our endo is in denial about it being from diabetes but the nephrologist says it is and so we are in limbo at this point. It is scary.

4. BRANDYB

BRANDYB Approved members

I am looking at the results...There is a creatinine an albumin and a ratio. All seem in normal range but there is not a range listed for the creatinine. The albumin is 10 and the ratio is <30. There is a u creatinine that says 159.0 and a urine creatinine that says 100.

5. TheFormerLantusFiend

TheFormerLantusFiend Approved members

OK, then you're fine. Normal for urine creatinine is about 40-400. It's mostly just used to tell how diluted the pee is.
    Creatinine/Albumin is probably what was high last time and this time it was normal; you're good! It often happens that this test is slightly high once if the test is done at a random time, and is normal on repeat- that's happened to me twice now. For a diagnosis, it has to be high twice in a row.

6. BRANDYB

BRANDYB Approved members

Thank you!