- advertisement -

Private messages from Novo Nordisk?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by kimmcannally, Apr 14, 2011.

1. kimmcannally

kimmcannally Approved members

Has anyone else gotten private messages from someone at Novo Nordisk? They sent me three copies of the same thing but didn't say what post they were referring to. As far as I know I've never posted anything about their products. J is on Novolog and used to be on Levemir, but I've never slammed those items. Color me confused.

2. wilf

wilf Approved members

I think it's obtuse for them to be lurking on here and PMing us without being specific.

Here's my PM (from NNISOCIALMEDIA, who are obviously lurking on here but have never posted), and my response which I sent by e-mail (I included their PM in the text of my e-mail):

Past posting mentioning Novo Nordisk products

Dear wilf:

Novo Nordisk is a pharmaceutical company that takes great pride in providing products to help meet the needs of people with diabetes and other conditions. With a strong commitment to patient safety, we noticed your post describing what we consider an adverse event about one of our products.

Would you kindly respond in e-mail to NNIPSSGNNI@novonordisk.com or directly by phone at 1-800-727-6500 to give us more information about any problems you may be experiencing with our products.

Thank you for your help in keeping our products safe.

Respectfully,
    Novo Nordisk
    Product Safety

Dana on behalf of Novo Nordisk Product Safety

Hi folks,

I've made over 7,700 posts on the Children with Diabetes site. You'll need to give me a specific reference so I know what you're talking about..

Wilf

3. kimmcannally

kimmcannally Approved members

That's the same email I got. Three times! Rather irritating.

4. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

Interesting.. Wilf, come on, don't you know what post they're talking about? Geesh! ;)

5. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Yes, I got an invitation to partake in an infusion set focus group in the PM box recently. Really obnoxious, imo. I believe Jeff banned the user.

6. AlisonKS

AlisonKS Approved members

NOVO NORODISK CAN SUCK IT!
    let's see if I get a pm lol

7. wilf

wilf Approved members

I wish I did. Now it could be my wild-ass mixing of insulins.. ;)

Did you know that I will happily and liberally mix either Novo Nordisk Regular or Novo Nordisk NPH (OR BOTH AT THE SAME TIME :eek:) with Sanofi Aventis Apidra?!

Aren't there rules against this? Medically untested/unproven?! Not prescribed by a doctor?! Fraternizing with the competition? :eek:

Let me confess here and now - I experiment with Novo Nordisk products in ways which may not be sanctioned by Novo Nordisk ALL THE TIME! :eek:

But don't try this at home kids, or you may get a PM from good old NNISOCIALMEDIA. (Warning, that could give you nightmares or hives!)

8. wilf

wilf Approved members

You know, I feel pretty special getting PMs from Novo Nordisk..

C'mon everyone - fess up if you too have gotten one!

9. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

They are obligated by certain federal regulations to collect information about any possible adverse events related to their product that they become aware of. No matter how they become aware of it. That is probably why they are contacting you here. It doesn't matter if it is something they read online, or if an employee of the company is at a party and someone tells them something in a conversation.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
  10. wilf

wilf Approved members

Fair enough. So why not provide a reference, so that I can respond in an intelligent fashion?

11. swellman

swellman Approved members

I'm just like wow, seriously? So, I work for a pharma and I'm out at the club and I hear someone dancing near me saying how our product somehow failed and I'm compelled to go over to her and ask the specifics so I can go to work on Monday and fill out a report?

Yes, I'm sure that's the reason behind the mysterious PMs. Corporate CYA.

:rolleyes: Please......

12. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

Not sure where the attitude is coming from, seems to be running rampant around here lately. I was simply trying to help the OP.

And you can roll your eyes all you want, but I know the Federal regulations and I am not making it up. Why would I?

Based on the information Wilf posted, that is my best guess as to why they are PM'ing people here. I can't say for a fact. Again, I was simply trying to help.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
  13. swellman

I'm sorry. That wasn't pointed at you and I don't doubt what you say is true. That was my melodramatic way of saying "I don't think that's why they're PMing people." I apologize that it seemed I was mocking you. I should have said "I think not." but what's the fun in that? For what's it's worth I don't think they would contact someone on these boards out of a legal obligation. I would think, in my paranoid way, that there's more likely to be a scam involved. Again, I'm sorry for any offense.

14. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

If you could have only heard "your" voice in my head saying that monolog. Too funny!

So Is "club dancing" a normal occurance for you?

15. wilf

wilf Approved members

My problem is that I'm at a loss in terms of identifying which of my 7,700 plus posts on this site could be considered to be "..describing what we consider an adverse event about one of our products."

Even a tiny follow up clue - like the date, or the thread, or the Novo Nordisk product in question - would be helpful.

The funny thing is I don't have a problem with Novo Nordisk. I've been using their insulins since DD's diagnosis with positive results. Mind you, I have been mixing them rather liberally and in a manner not necessarily sanctioned by the medical community.. ;)

I rather suspect that at this point I may know more about how their various insulins (Novolog, Regular, and NPH) work in combination with one another and Apidra than they know themselves. I have at times discussed my liberal mixing regimen on this site, but I can't recall ever suggesting any "adverse event" which resulted was anything but my responsibility.

I mean, let's face it. We all use insulins and we all experience what could loosely be called "adverse events" (ie. highs and lows) in our children every day. Does this means we are all now in line to get PMs every time we comment in a thread about our children being high or low after an injection of a Novo Nordisk insulin?!

16. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

I am pertty sure YOU DO KNOW MORE, about insulin action and the combinations of each. I doubt that anyone else COULD know.

I mean this with no disrespect at all, does your dd have a grasp of the whole insulin regient that you have going?

My dd is So much younger, and I have now just started to explain the finer points of insulin. IE if you want Fruit Loops, you can go and brush your teeth and go potty and get desssed now before breakfast!

17. wilf

wilf Approved members

The regimen is pretty stable now that we're through the worst of puberty.

So she knows that every morning she should get 16 Lantus, 3.5 Apidra, and 7 NPH mixed in one syringe and at supper 3 Apidra, 3 Regular, and 0.5 NPH mixed in another syringe..

18. swellman

No, while I have a deep love for music of almost all types it, to my wife's dismay, almost does nothing discernible for me but a toe tap.

But ... Rush on Lego Rock Band and I am ROCKING IT! GUITAR AND VOCALS.

19. wilf

wilf Approved members

Just kidding.. :D

We mix 'em up, but not quite that badly.. :cwds:

20. wilf

wilf Approved members

I'll bet you just rule the universe! Which Rush tunes?