- advertisement -

Primary Care Doctor

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by KeltonsMom, Mar 5, 2008.

1. KeltonsMom

KeltonsMom Approved members

I went to the Tricare office this morning, talked to them about the endo I fired, they talked to Kelton about it, and I was told that we were not the first to complain about this endo. This did not surprise me.

Took Kelton to see his primary care doc and she has fixed the prescriptions so that Kelton will get a little more than the needed insulin every month, and we will get this through the mail order Express Scripts..So I may have to wait a week or so to get the Novolog Flex Pens, but a Guardian Angel has mailed a box of Novolog Pen cartridges that we can use with Kelton's old NovoPen Jr. so we will be fine until the mail order place sends us the insulin.
    They noted that Kelton has lost 8 pounds since seeing the Endo we fired and also noted that a restricted carb diet is not healthy for a growing teen.

I asked the Primary care doc to refer us both to the Endo in Hanford and she sent the authroization to Tricare and will contact me when I have the referral.

Everything has been set in motion and I feel so much better.

2. MReinhardt

MReinhardt Approved members

Oh good, I am so happy that his care will be better.

3. JenFur

JenFur Approved members

Wow! Hopefully, this guy will see some serious consequences from this so he won't endanger or bully anyone else.

4. KeltonsMom

KeltonsMom Approved members

From my understanding Tricare will file a formal complaint about this Endo, they did say it is possible that he might be removed from their provider list.

I am just glad that we no longer have to see this endo and are on our way to getting a new one.

Kelton's numbers have been beautiful on the Levemir and we finally have the correct I:C ratio.

But me, well this is another story..If I continue on my 30 carb max for meals I am doing ok, if I go over 30 carbs then I run into much higher numbers. So I need something done asap..Salads have become my main source of food these days