- advertisement -

price of a Guardian unit?

Discussion in 'Continuous Glucose Sensing' started by dqmomof3, Jan 20, 2009.

1. dqmomof3

dqmomof3 Approved members

We are starting the MM CGMS next week, and we have the MM pump. I read in another group that one mom uses this, but she also has the Guardian so that she can have it as an extra transmitter.

Does anyone know how much the Guardian unit costs? This sounds like a great idea.

If you have the Guardian, how far can it be from the sensor and you still hear it?

2. Darryl

Darryl Approved members

I think the receiver is around $1,000 w/o insurance.

Ours only picks up from 2 feet away, but other parents here say that theirs picks up from another room. No idea what the difference is, but I would not count on it working unless it's near the sensor.

Word is that Minimed is testing a "parent monitor" this year that will receive data and alarms from anywhere in the house. The testing is part of FDA approval, so hopefully it will be available within a year. I would't spend the money on a Guardian just yet...

3. Lindy

Lindy Approved members

Just talked with MM CSR last night about this....

Transmitter = $650
    Monitor/Transmitter = $1200

Our Guardian will sometimes read thru different levels of the house - why, I have no idea. He can be in the basement and it will read him from the main level. Other times, it needs to be within a few feet or will get a weak signal. Crazy!

The alarms are nearly impossible to hear from a different room or while sleeping... so like many here - we have a Radio Shack Wireless Mic system with speakers - it works amazingly well and you can find more info by doing a search here. It's a must have!

Last edited: Jan 24, 2009
  4. lotsoftots

lotsoftots Approved members

this is strange I just got a billfrom them ( I dont have it yet stilltrying but MM sent me one just in case...I dont know...anyways here are my prices without insurance)

MiniLink™ REAL-Time Transmitter $649.00

Glucose Sensors (10 pack) $350.00

5. Lindy

Lindy Approved members

Why strange? Basically showing the same prices right?! :confused:

6. momtojess

momtojess Approved members

The white shell transmitter is $650, its the same for guardian or the R/T.. WIth the guardian, you have to buy the montior too (since it doesnt us the MM pump as the monitor).

7. jilmarie

jilmarie Approved members

I cannot believe the little white transmitter is $650. That seems ridiculous!

Has anyone needed to replace theirs yet?