- advertisement -

Pre-registering with local 911

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by allisa, Jun 12, 2006.

1. allisa

allisa Approved members

Ellen's post about evacuation tips made me think of this....

I "pre-registered" with our police station so that GOD FORBID in the case of an emergency of having to call 911....they would already have some of our information in their system.

I did it mostly for my daughter (has a dual dx of Autism & Down syndrome) and I am TERRIFIED of her "wandering" off. But it is a good idea for our kids with DS....especially older ones who may on occasion be home alone...if 911 was ever called....all their info would show up on computer screen and paramedics would at least have an indication of what the problem might be.

It was easy and completed over the phone.

2. pookas

pookas Approved members

Wow! I never thought of that. How do you contact them w/out calling 911 ? I'll have to do that too. So much to do...so much to do. You guys really keep me on my toes :)

Linda-[NEPA]-Mom to:
    Hunter, 5 yrs, dx'd 11/14/05 type I
    Colby, 7 yrs, migraines

3. allisa

allisa Approved members

You can call just the general "business" line of local police and ask for 911 Switchbaord operator.....that's what I did here.....may vary from precinct to precinct....but the general business line would be able to direct you.

4. pookas

pookas Approved members

We are in a very rural area and do not have any police. Should I contact the State Police? Or maybe the local volunteer ambulace station?

Thanks
    Linda-[NEPA]-Mom to:
    Hunter, 5 yrs, dx'd 11/14/05 type I
    Colby, 7 yrs, migraines

5. cpd-dispatcher

cpd-dispatcher New Member

Just remember NOT every police department does this. I work for a very large Metro Police department, as a police dispatcher and we don't offer this service to the public. It would be nice if we did, but we don't