- advertisement -

Prayers for MandaPanda1980

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Lee, Jun 17, 2013.

1. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

Prayers for Caden and his family. I have been following the updates on Facebook

2. Helenmomofsporty13yearold

Helenmomofsporty13yearold Approved members

Such a beautful video! May God's love and strength support your family and your sweet angel, Caden.

3. Lee

Lee Approved members

Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
  4. Megnyc

Megnyc Approved members

Prayers for comfort and peace for Caden and his family. I'm so sorry.

5. sooz

sooz Approved members

Prayers for Caden and his family.

...edited....because my words hurt someone I care deeply for...

Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
  6. MelStan

MelStan Member

I am heartbroken for Amanda and her family. I'm so so sorry for what you are going through. Sending you all my love and thoughts..

7. Mimi

Mimi Approved members

This is incredibly heartbreaking.

Praying for peace and comfort for this family. Caden is obviously well-loved by many.

8. Lee

Lee Approved members

Mel - you are 100% right and I apologize for my callousness.

9. Lee

Lee Approved members

Mel - I hope you know that I, nor probably anyone here, never, ever thought you did anything wrong. Your loss made all of us all to aware that it can happen to any of us. We know how hard you worked managing T1, and I hope that my comment doesn't stay in your mind as an us versus them scenario.

10. MelStan

MelStan Member

Thanks Lee..I'm really sorry if I came across too heavy handed.

11. Lee

Lee Approved members

Not at all - it was a reminder that we all have our woes and our sorrows and that I should not make blanket statements because it might hurt others.

12. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Just so that we aren't vague posting... this mom is a CWD member with a daughter with Type 1. Her younger boy has brain cancer and apparently all treatment options have been exhausted. She hasn't posted much since Caden's dx but many of us have been following her comments on FB.

She is a D mom suffering, even though this isn't a D event.

And it's just all too sad.:(

13. MelStan

MelStan Member

No, you've only ever been kind and compassionate to me Becky :cwds: And I've never felt that you thought that way. But I blame Charlie and myself. It doesn't help that he never takes any responsibility for his part in it, and I know that over time I've taken the full weight of responsibility because of that. It just kills me.

Anyway, sorry to derail this thread.

14. nanhsot

nanhsot Approved members

It's never right to lose a child. Never never never. My mind can't even wrap itself around the wrongness of it. Amanda having to hold her baby tight, knowing he won't wake up at some point. You, waking up and finding your precious girl gone. It's all just wrong.

There is no us vs them. There is just a united group of parents, feeling our way in this big world. My heart hurts for you all. I can only imagine the enormity of the pain, I hope to never know.

You are never far from my thoughts, as will be true for Amanda and sweet Caden too. Lasting imprints on my heart. Never forgotten by many.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
  15. cdninct

cdninct Approved members

I've been quietly following Caden's progress since you first posted your concerns about his development, Amanda, and I am so sorry. My thoughts are with all of you.

16. sooz

sooz Approved members

Mel, I am so, so sorry. I never meant to hurt you and I can see that I have done that. My remarks were thoughtless. Nothing can ever compare to the loss of a child for whatEVER reason. I have been struggling so much to try to understand why children have to suffer and die. I have no answers. But I know in my heart it isn't right to blame yourself, anymore than Caden's mom should blame herself. It supposes you had a power that you don't have. If you had that power you would have used it. There was nothing you could have done. You didn't know. It was out of your hands. Truly. My heart weeps for you and Amanda and my own sweet grandbabies who lost their daddy in 2011. There is no justice and no understanding. We are just left to wonder why and never know...please forgive me.

17. MelStan

MelStan Member

Thanks so much Nancy.

Sooz and Lee, please don't feel bad. I know neither of you intended anything hurtful.
    I wish I truly felt what happened was out of our hands, but I don't. We slipped and our wonderful daughter paid the ultimate price. I can't tell you how often I play that night over in my mind and wish I had the chance to do it again and get it right. And that's one of the things I hate most about this disease. There is no other disease like it as far as I'm concerned :( It's cruel.

18. MelStan

MelStan Member

I removed my post too, because I didn't want to derail this thread.

My thoughts are with sweet little Caden and his family. <3

19. mandapanda1980

mandapanda1980 Approved members

I haven't been here - in so long. But I logged in today and found this. Obviously an old thread and I never knew - and I honestly am unsure of how many of you frequent here still, but please know that I read your comments and they mean so much. Any loss of any child is so unbearably painful. And to Mel, I never even knew of your loss, but for yours as well I am so sorry. Hugs to all.

20. Lee

Lee Approved members

Hi Amanda. I am glad you found this thread and are reminded of the love and support of your CWD family.