- advertisement -

Poster Presentation GlucoTrack (non-invasive)

Discussion in 'Continuous Glucose Sensing' started by Ellen, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

2. rickst29

rickst29 Approved members

Horrible!

As a pretty long-term T1, I feel that the most critical job of a CGMS is to detect Hypoglycemia. (These are the situations which are most likely cause immediate risks of accident and death.) How many data points did they take at subnormal bG levels? Almost none. And nearly all of these data points were taken while "real" bG was quite close to the "minimum normal" vertical line. Just ONE point in each graph corresponds to a bG below 60 mg/dL, barely, and nothing lower was attempted.

And what was their monitor reporting for these "mild Hypo" values? Nothing less than 120 mg/dL. And for ALL of the values right around 60 mg/dL "real", they reported 175 mg/dL!!!. And this error appears on both graphs, (different measurements, different days, possibly even different participants).

Yikes! If I trusted my life to this "monitor", it would probably turn out very badly. I can't imagine FDA giving approval to a monitor which can't show lows. If they did approve it, the body count would add up VERY fast. :mad:

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  3. Jazz

Jazz New Member

This is NOT CGMS!

Pay attention rickst29,
    Their device is for SPOT measurement, as written (in bold) in their poster, not SMBG...

4. oceanblue

oceanblue New Member

It's a non-invasive SMBG, love to have it!

I guess what you meant is, GlucoTrack is not a CGMS...
    I would love to see it with my little cousin, he'll love it! :)