- advertisement -

Pod on the bum question

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by DavidN, Dec 2, 2014.

1. DavidN

DavidN Approved members

Do you put the pod above waste line, below, or both? We only go above and am wondering about other bum options. Thanks.

2. virgo39

virgo39 Approved members

We place it on the upper half of DD's bottom, below the waist. She is a bit too thin for it to go above the waist.

3. rgcainmd

rgcainmd Approved members

Below the waist.

4. Cheetah-cub

Cheetah-cub Approved members

We are above the waist line. We found below the waist line a bit problematic with wearing jeans. Our pods move around the back, love handle, and stomach all just above the waist line.

The back of the arms are only for Dexcom.

My DD just started to try her legs, and she likes it there! (So happy to find more real estate) We only had 4 pods on the legs so far, it does not bother her there. She said the insertion on her legs does not hurt at all, but taking the pod off of her legs is a bit painful. We think it is because there is a bit of hair there that gets pulled off when removing the pods.

5. parker

parker New Member

Does anyone find that the blood sugars are different depending on different pod locations...for example better on stomach, higher on backsides....
    My 11 year old daughter has this issue with her ping and we would like to switch to the omnipod.

6. Cheetah-cub

Cheetah-cub Approved members

We did not notice any blood sugars difference isolated to the different pod locations.

7. Snowflake

Snowflake Approved members

For us, both. High bum sites are actually among my favorites because it's one of the few places where my dd has extra padding. We are very careful with bottom placement, because she has complained in the past that the pod hits at an uncomfortable place when she's riding in her booster seat.

8. Snowflake

Snowflake Approved members

Agreed. We do sometimes see high bgs that seem to be from poor absorption or poor pod performance, but not predictably in the same location.

9. DavidN

DavidN Approved members

Yes this was my concern. Wouldn't below the waist be awkward with pants? So far, he's not buying it.