- advertisement -

Please watch Fox News story done on my T1's Sister...She was kicked out of the Mall!!

Discussion in 'Siblings and Friends' started by chocoholicsc, Oct 8, 2013.

1. chocoholicsc

chocoholicsc Approved members

Hello everyone!

In case you don't remember me, I have a now 7 year old son who was diagnosed with Type 1 at 2 years old! Thank the Lord, he is growing and doing well. His big "sissy", Kaelynn was kicked out of our local mall because she had her service dog with her, and "Management doesn't like Dogs in his Mall"....:mad::mad: We were also told the mall is private property and they can kick out anyone at anytime for any reason...!:mad::mad:
    Please take a minute to watch and share this clip!!

Thank you! :)
    ~Candy

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/23...art=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=9389964

2. chocoholicsc

chocoholicsc Approved members

They Apologized...Kind of...

Kaelynn. :)

"On behalf of Haywood Mall, I would like to personally apologize for the way a minor patron and her service dog were treated during their visit on Saturday, October 5. As the mall manager, it is my expectation that we welcome all shoppers to enjoy a safe, comfortable and accessible environment when visiting the mall. Unfortunately, some of our contracted security officers misunderstood the regulations regarding service animals and created an uncomfortable situation for our young visitor. We are addressing this misunderstanding with our security contractor to ensure that retraining occurs and correct policies are followed in the future. I am deeply sorry that this incident occurred, and I am working to ensure that shoppers with service animals at Haywood Mall are treated properly.

Jamie Wright
    Mall Manager
    Haywood Mall"