- advertisement -

Ping

Discussion in 'Teens' started by Leah, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Leah

Leah Approved members

For those of you that have it, I was just wondering what you think about the Ping???

2. k.hawkins92

k.hawkins92 Approved members

I really like it, but there are a few things about it that leave a little to be desired. For one, I would like to be able to slow down the boluses, because it stings when it administers. You can only chose between 1 unit/second, or 1 unit/4seconds. Also, the quick bolus button (or ezbolus, or whatever) translates button pushes as a designated amount of insulin, as opposed to the Cozmo, in which every button push represented a certain number of carbs, which I liked better. :D

But overall, I think it's a very solid pump, and the meter remote is quite handy. :)

3. Sierra219

Sierra219 Approved members

I recently upgraded my Animas 2020 to a Ping and I love it!!!! I swim competitivley so the Animas 2020 being waterproof was a big deal to me but now there's the Ping and it's just as durable as the Animas 2020 but it has the meter-remote and it's so much easier and so much more discrete than typing into the pump. I also really like that I can take the insulin in smaller increments than with other pumps. And as Kaela said, you can slow the speed the bolus goes in down. I really like that. When you put it in slower, you can hardly feel it.

4. dana.amp

dana.amp Approved members

I have the ping. I love it. I love having tubing; but then i wireless meter to bolus. its great

5. Volleyball_Chick_15

Volleyball_Chick_15 Approved members

I have the ping, and i absolutly love it! its so handy to have the meter-remote. I do motocross and i stick my pump on the inside of my pants and its hard to get to my pump with all the gear on that i have to wear so the remote really helps out when i need to get a bolus.