- advertisement -

Ping screen getting hard to read

Discussion in 'Insulin Pumps' started by McKenna'smom, Feb 24, 2013.

1. McKenna'smom

McKenna'smom Approved members

Have any Ping users ever had their pump replaced because the screen was becoming difficult to see? We have the contrast as high as it will go and even our Endo commented how light it was.

Is this something that Animas will replace the pump for? If so, will it effect the current warranty? Will we get a new pump or a refurbished pump?

DD has been wearing the pump for just over 2 1/2 years.

Thanks for any insight you can offer.

2. jbmom1b2g

jbmom1b2g Approved members

We haven't had to have ours replaced yet but our endo did tell us it would be replaced if the screen got really scratched. My DH is very paranoid about things like that so we have a screen protector on the screen and when that gets scratched he can put a new one on.

3. zoomom456

zoomom456 Approved members

We've had my son's pump replaced twice through Animas. Both times it was easy and relatively hassle free. The first time the internal battery died and the date reset when we replaced the battery, the 2nd time the pump stopped vibrating when we used the meter remote for bolusing. The replacement was overnighted and we had it 24 hours. The warranty is still from the original purchase date of the original pump, so if you have had the pump 2.5 years there is 1.5 years of warranty remaining. I don't know whether the replacement pump is refurbished or not.

4. Amy C.

Amy C. Approved members

They will replace for such reasons. Go ahead and call.

5. McKenna'smom

McKenna'smom Approved members

Thank you all.

I just called Animas and had a wonderful customer service experience with them. They are sending us a new pump to replace the one that is fading.

6. Jordansmom

Jordansmom Approved members

I know you have had your problem resolved. But I'd like to point out that the Ping now comes with a screen protector preinstalled. If anyone has ever pulled a screen protector off their cellphone, you know how dark staining can be. We just got a new pump and immediately noticed how bright it seemed. When side by side with the old pump, we could see how difficult the old pump screen was to read.

I'd like to know what animas would do if someone called in to say their screen protector had become to dark with age to read the screen. Replace the entire pump, or replace the screen protector?

7. Amy C.

Amy C. Approved members

The screen protector is quite easy to replace. I put one on my son's remote as well.