- advertisement -

Ping instructions?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by HanksMom, Apr 22, 2011.

1. HanksMom

HanksMom Approved members

Has anyone created simple step-by-step instructions for the basic features on the Ping, primarily for babysitters, grandparents, etc?

Our pump comes today and our start date is May 5 and I want to make sure we are approriately training our babysitter without cluttering things with too much information (i.e. either my husband or I will go over if he needs a site change).

Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Apr 22, 2011
  2. kpoehls

kpoehls Approved members

Mara has been on the ping since December, and the only thing we have trained anyone on has been the remote (for bolusing).

3. virgo39

virgo39 Approved members

4. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

Animas used to have a teacher/caregiver information guide. Not sure if they still have it. I would call Animas and ask.

5. kimmcannally

kimmcannally Approved members

I did one for my Dad but it's long gone - sorry! J has been pumping for about 10 months now so Dad no longer needs it.

6. zoomom456

zoomom456 Approved members

Here is what we used for our daycare when we started the pump, only did for EZ Carb option with the remote though.

EZ Carb with Ping remote instructions:

1) To wake up meter press ok.

2) Press ok for menu

3) With Bolus highlighted press ok

4) Use down arrow and scroll to ezCarb, then press ok

5) Use up arrow to enter carbs. Press OK

6) Add BG should be highlighted, then press ok

7) BG high .Check ketones screen appears if blood sugar test is high. Confirm if highlighted, press ok

8) Actual will be blinking, use up or down arrow to correct number and press ok

9) Show result should be highlighted, press ok

10) Screen will show:
    Carb
    BG
    IOB
    Total
    Go
    Type Normal 0.00 (highlighted and blinking)

11 Use up arrow key and increase until the number matches the total. Press ok

12) Go will be highlighted, press ok

13) Screen will say Delivering

7. HanksMom

HanksMom Approved members

Thanks so much for this! This is probably a really stupid question, and one I will easily answer when we play with the pump/meter, but does the meter automatically "find" and "connect" to the pump when you get it out to use it? I can imagine it won't normally be within range most of the day, but likely in his diaper bag. When we did our trial, we just had the pump, and not the meter.

8. zoomom456

zoomom456 Approved members

There are instructions on how to pair the remote with the meter once you get your pump. After you pair the 2 together, the remote can tell the pump what you want to bolus, bg etc up to a certain distance away. In our house it is exactly 9.75 feet:) If DS is within that range the meter " talks" to the pump, if he is out of range we get a warning.

9. andeefig

andeefig Approved members

I have 3 great one page documents that I've used for babysitters and school....How to Check BG with Ping, How to Bolus with EzBG, How to Bolus with EzCarb. I just can't seem to upload them to this. PM me your email and I can send them to you :)