- advertisement -

Piercings and D

Discussion in 'Parents of College Kids and Young Adults with Type' started by Brandi's mom, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Lisa P.

Lisa P. Approved members

Piercing of the cartilage is not something you are likely to run into naturally, like a splinter in the toe (which Selah has several of at the moment, thinks for reminding me :eek:). I have a family member without D who had an ER visit and now has a section out of his ear that is quite noticeable from a distance. It is not the look he was going for. :( I have no idea what procedure he followed since asking him about it is awkward and embarrassing for him, the missing section is fairly disfiguring. Maybe it was a fluke. But, like with so so so many things on this forum, I'd suggest that diabetes is not the defining issue here. The defining issue is whether she is willing to accept the risk of permanently missing a part of her ear. I have no idea how high that risk is. I know many people who have successfully pierced the cartilage, just this one who was unsuccessful, but it's enough to turn me off it for myself and my kids. :(

2. swellman

swellman Approved members

Bolded is well put and more to my point.