advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pics of pump/sensor sites?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by denise3099, Mar 14, 2013.

1. denise3099

denise3099 Approved members

Amy at d mine talks about having trouble rotating sites. I'm wondering if we could starts a picture thread of different site locations. I googled images and saw some pump sites on boobies. :eek: And I once saw a pod on someone's calf, which didn't look comfy to me. Anybody want to post pics of your various body parts with your pump sites, pods or sensors? It's so much more informative than that drawing we always see of the shaded out spots. I don't have any right now but I'll post some later.

Also, it might help my dd to rotate her sites more since she only likes tummy for pump and sensor and used to only like arms for pods. It would help to see wear other people wear there's.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  2. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

sounds good, I just saw a Youtube video with a college age girl using the back of her thigh rather than the frontish/side of thigh.

3. denise3099

When I googled I found a pic of a big hairy gut with a pink mio. :D

4. dzirbel

dzirbel Approved members

Here is a leg site! We don't like to rotate too often either, but she gets that lipohypertrophy within 3 months if she only rotates between legs or belly, now we are on only arms!:rolleyes:

Hope this works, I couldn't figure out how to just insert a picture.

http://flic.kr/p/e3aaaZ

5. TheFormerLantusFiend

TheFormerLantusFiend Approved members

I do shots in my calves and thighs and chest and back as well as butt and abdomen and upper arms and occasionally forearms (I used to use forearms a lot but since I developed some kind of neuritis in my forearms I decided to stop).
    My sensors I only place on my butt, abdomen, and upper arm. And I'm not going to do any pictures of my butt.

Here's a picture of a sensor on my arm from December
    [​IMG]
    and today
    [​IMG]

I once saw a youtube video of an overweight guy who'd recently switched to podding and he said he liked how unobtrusive it was. He said, guess where I'm wearing a pod? and then took off his shirt to show six pods, including two on his man-boobs. It was really awesome. I can't find the video right now.

6. Megnyc

Megnyc Approved members

I just took 2. I have my sensor on my arm and infusion site on the other arm right now. I also attached pictures of a sensor site on my stomach and an infusion site on my stomach.

7. denise3099

View attachment 2745
    This is an arm pod during the summer. She's on her revel now. I'll try to load a pic of the revel and the dex on her belly.
    ETA: Sorry about the size--didn't know how to edit it.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  8. TheLegoRef

TheLegoRef Approved members

Can anyone (preferably some skinny arm!) else post pics of arm sites for Medtronic sites? I want my son to expand his site areas, but is nervous about the arm still. He is 5'7", but only 130 pounds.

9. StacyMM

StacyMM Approved members

Different system, but let me know if it will help - my DS is wearing an omnipod on his skinny arm right now and I can take a pic. He's 5'1" and weighs about 90 pounds.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  10. liasmommy2000

liasmommy2000 Approved members

LOL, I haven't seen that and CANNOT imagine, but my dd was telling me the other day that a friend from our JDRF support group had told her that her mom had seen those images. I cringed and dd said she definitely was not interested in trying that.

11. Megnyc

Megnyc Approved members

Here is the sure-t I am using right now. My arms are not that skinny though, I am 5'3 and 90ish lbs for reference. Sorry for the awkward angle/cropping. It is surprisingly difficult to take a picture of your arm!

Also just fyi I really prefer the sure-ts for arm sites because I don't have to pinch up the fat or anything I just plop it in. They are way easier to put in by myself. Just something to consider if your son is putting in his own sites and has skinny arms...

12. TheLegoRef

Thanks Meg. I showed him the first arm pictures you'd posted. Good point about the sure-t's. I would imagine, also, if it is not comfortable the first time, you could pull it out and put it in a new spot before you tape it down, correct?

13. Megnyc

Megnyc Approved members

Yep! I have even moved them after having them in for a day or so if my blood sugar gets stuck high. I obviously change it when I get home but it is easy to move if for some reason the insulin isn't absorbing well in that specific spot. Though I have never really had a bad spot in my arms. The needle is so tiny you really don't feel it go in at all. It hurts less then a Mio for me (and I barely feel those) and way less then a shot. I like to tape it with opsite flexifix tape on the needle part so it stays in nice and tight. One thing I thought of though is that the tubing is really short it claims to be 32 inches but that includes the tail so it is more like 25 inches or so. I usually clip my pump to my pants and the tubing just barely reaches from my arm. So I use the silhouette 32 inch or 43 inch tubing which gives me a few extra inches. Since your son is taller then me you would probably want to use the silhouette tubing with it. If you decide to try this let me know. I have extra tubing I can send you. Or just call Medtronic and ask for samples of the 43 inch silhouettes (emphasize the 43 inches or they will send the shorter tubing!). You just attach the silhouette tubing to the tail before you prim the whole set.

14. TheLegoRef

Here's a picture of a site with the IV3000 Infusion Site tape. It is on a MM silhouette. It is on his leg, but it is so zoomed in to get the tape, that you can't see what part of the body very well.

15. kim5798

kim5798 Approved members

My Aunt who had type 1(passed away a year ago) used to put her pump sites there too! We always teased her, but she said you gotta use what real estate you have for the sites that are not all scarred up!