- advertisement -

pens..

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Kaylas mom, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Kaylas mom

Kaylas mom Approved members

Why doesn't the Humalog pen push down as easily as the Lantus pen. Don't you think that someone would have fixed this by now?

2. mom24grlz

mom24grlz Approved members

Ashleigh uses Novolog and Lantus Pen. She says her lantus pen is harder to push down compared to her novolog pen. According to her the novolog is way easier :)

3. Kaylas mom

Really? I wonder if when we get to the next box of pens if maybe it will be easier?? It seems like the lantus goes so easy.

4. Megszers

Megszers Approved members

My humalog pen is easier to me. Lantus pens are a little harder to push

5. Mimi

Mimi Approved members

I find the Lantus disposable pens (Solostar) can sometimes be difficult to push in - which is not good when the needle is already in the skin and she's waiting for me to be done!!

For Humalog we use the refillable pen (Humapen) and never have any problems. Are you using disposable pens? We broke our first Humapen and Lilly replaced it, no problem.

6. Barbzzz

Barbzzz Approved members

I am hating the Humalog pen... I like the click-click-click I get with Lantus and Apidra. And the number doesn't seem to rewind to zero like it should either; I'm afraid I overbolused Alex the other night! :eek::eek:

7. sooz

sooz Approved members

When we were on MDI our Levimir pen was by far much much harder to push than the Novolog!! I hated it!

8. emm142

emm142 Approved members

My novopen used to be SO much easier than lantus (I used refillable, not disposable, for both). With novolog, if you push the top down, and it goes down, you know the insulin went in. With lantus it's all or nothing, if you push it all the way and it clicks, you get it all. If it doesn't click, you get nothing. I missed my lantus a couple of times because of that. :eek:

9. Kaylas mom

That is so weird that we all have different experiences.