- advertisement -

Ped Endos in Illinois

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Mom2asweetdiabetic, May 9, 2011.

1. Mom2asweetdiabetic

Mom2asweetdiabetic Approved members

I am going to be switching to a new endo since mine will not take all kids insurance and we have to have it since my DH's company is now making us pay half of our insurance which would come to 800 a month. We just cant afford to keep private insurance so I have to go strictly to all kids.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any good endo's that accept all kids?
    If so your recommendation would be appreciated.

Thanks so much

2. Tricia22

Tricia22 Approved members

Where in Illinois are you located?
    I have heard great things about one peds. endo. in the Chicago and northern suburbs areas... I always went up to Children's Hospital in Milwaukee though since by distance we're about halfway between Chicago and Milwaukee, but by travel times, much closer to Milwaukee.

3. Pauji5

Pauji5 Approved members

We use the endo are Children's Hospital in Chicago..and the nice thing, is they see patients all over the area..I don't mind going downtown once in a while, but it's nice to have close appt's too. PM if you would like more info!

4. BrendaK

BrendaK Neonatal Diabetes Registry

5. Tricia22

Tricia22 Approved members

Dr. Duck is who I have heard of from every child, parent, or adolescent CWD or PWD in the area...

6. Lakeman

Lakeman Approved members

I wish I could help more. I have heard that children's endos are rare. We go to Children's in Milwaukee like a few others have mentioned.

I assume they accept just about all insurance.

Don't know if it matters but we use BCBS of Ill and they pay for everything except a few 3$ copays. They have given me a hard time about the number of strips we use but as of today with a letter of medical necessity that is not an issue anymore. I don't know what the premiums cost but, on the bright side, if you pay more for premiums you (hopefully) get more coverage for anything that may come up.

Good luck.

7. Pauji5

Pauji5 Approved members

Children's Hospital in Chicago has a pretty large endo department.....FYI

8. Mom2asweetdiabetic

Mom2asweetdiabetic Approved members

I am in Plainfield, IL

9. irishmom

irishmom Approved members

We lostour health insurance 1 month after Patrick was diagnosed...so I can totally relate how devasting that is....
    We go to Larabida Childrens Hospital...Dr miller and Dr Swami...are the most fascinating and caring Drs that i know...Patrick now has to see other dr..so they do clinic on the same day with them and itis awesome..theycall right away and respond quickly...they also see patients out of new lenox.....
    Good luck...
    Marcia

10. taximom

taximom Approved members

I agree! Children's Hospital is great and they have a quite large ped. endo.department. They also have satellite offices in some hospitals in the burbs, so you don't have to travel in to Chicago if you don't want to. We see Dr. Kim at Northwest Community (Arlington Hgts.). I know this is not near you, but you could see if they have an office closer.

11. virgo39

virgo39 Approved members

I don't have any particular recommendations, but in addition to checking the Children's Memorial website, you might also check the website for Comer Children's Hospital -- the U of C children's hospital.

I see that Rush also has a pediatric endo on staff -- looks like he's at a number of offices, including Aurora. Not sure about the other large teaching hospitals, UIC, Loyola, Northwestern Memorial, but many have satellite campuses.