- advertisement -

peanut butter frosting

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Gaia, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Gaia

Gaia Approved members

Joey's birthday is monday and he wants peanut butter frosting on his cake. Do you think anyone sells it? NOOOOOO. So need a recipe ASAP. HELP! :D

2. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

3. Gaia

Gaia Approved members

This one looks good, especially w/ the modifications from the first poster. Is this a recipe that splenda can be used instead of confectioners sugar? And if so, how would that change the carb count? Right now with the confec sugar, its 33 carbs a serving.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Peanut-Butter-Frosting/Detail.aspx

4. Andrew's Mom

Andrew's Mom Approved members

I have always just added the peanut butter to chocolate or vanilla frosting in a tub and it has always been tasty.

5. Kaylee's Mom

Kaylee's Mom Approved members

I made pb frosting once for my ex .. was told by his great aunt that you need to use all natural pb ... it makes it taste better ...

Crystal

6. Big Hair Momma

Big Hair Momma Approved members

7. Charliesmom

Charliesmom Approved members

This is like the recipe that I used to use. I haven't made it in ages and never measured anything out. I just went by taste. I use milk instead of cream, though.

8. Gaia

Gaia Approved members

I think that Im gonna go with that one, but still not sure about changing out the confec sugar for splenda and if it will effect the carb count or not

9. sisterbeth43

sisterbeth43 Approved members

Pat's mother always made peanut butter frosting for everyone's birthday. Here's her recipe:
    GRAMMA FORD'S PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING

3 cups powdered sugar 1/4 cup mnelted butter
    1/4 cup chunky peanut butter 2 TBSP creamy peanut butter
    1/2 small can Carnation milk dash of salt

melt the butter and then stir in both peanut butters until melted. Mix all ingredients together and beat really well. Gramma Ford always put this frosting on an angel food cake and said it wroked better if you made the cake a day before and chilled it. But I think it would taste great on any cake.