- advertisement -

Payam???

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by sammysmom, Sep 29, 2007.

1. sammysmom

sammysmom Approved members

Has anyone heard from him. I was wondering how his talk with his nephew went and if he was able to reduce to number of BG tests??? He has been on my mind lately...

shannon

2. payam7777777

payam7777777 Approved members

Oh thank you dear shannon. we (me an Ali's parents) had a session together and talked about your great ideas i had written down from the thread. they were all great ideas and we discussed them together. we decided to let him know gradually (when a teachable moment happens or when he asks) rather than in one single session. i guess with all the ideas we'll succeed.
    thanks again for asking.
    as for reducing the tests... you know there is a trade off here: better control vs. less tests. and for the time beong i guess we'd go for better control and freedom with food.

3. payam7777777

thing is Ali's BGs are very very unpredictable. and i'm really afraid we may have severe lows if we test less.

4. sammysmom

sammysmom Approved members

Sounds like a good "parental" decision to me. We all have our own views and ideas but in the end, it is a parents decision how, why and when they want to do things. Good job for doing what you believe in, I am sure that it is the best for Ali. Good luck.

shannon

5. 3js

3js Approved members

payam, you guys sound like a wonderful family! Ali is so lucky to have all of this support around him:)

6. payam7777777

Thanks 3js, we're lucky to have people like YOU around.

7. MrsBadshoe

MrsBadshoe Super Moderator

Sounds like a good plan