- advertisement -

package sent from medtronic

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by TripleThreat, Feb 6, 2008.

1. TripleThreat

TripleThreat Approved members

i just found out theres a package from medtronic at my house hoping it is the new meter (one touch) has anyone received theirs yet?

2. susan

susan Approved members

We haven't gotten ours yet..maybe it'll come today..

3. Nana

Nana Approved members

Isn't the One touch meter from LifeScan company, not Medtronic? :confused:

4. Reagan's Mama

Reagan's Mama Approved members

We went to a JDRF retreat over the weekend and we were told there that MM would be sending out the new meters to everyone with a MM pump by the end of March.

5. TripleThreat

medtronic is replacing the bd meter with a new meter that takes one touch strips yes mother company lifespan but lifespan would not be responsible for shipping costs of the new meters so box would come from medtronic

6. Boo

Boo Approved members

I have not gotten a replacement meter from minimed (my son uses the MM pump)...but we did get our free ultra-mini today. :) It was in a pretty small plain white box from Lifescan.

7. LJS118

LJS118 Approved members

No...but let me know if you did:rolleyes:

8. Momto4

Momto4 Approved members

We were at the Dr.'s on Monday and also heard "March", but maybe... Here's hoping that it is!! I am ready - we have lost 2 of the 3 we had (anyone else have the problem of CONSTANTLY losing things??) and I didn't want to pay $99 for something that was soon to be replaced! Keep us updated!

9. Mary Lou

Mary Lou Approved members

Do you have to do anything to ge the new meters? I have several of the ones that are linked to the pumps. do I need to call?

thanks for posting this thread.

I am really tired of these BD meters, especially with the new Nova strips. They suck. Or rather, they don't suck (the blood properly)!

10. LJS118

LJS118 Approved members

Does anyone know if they're planning on replacing multiple meters? I have one at home and one at school...just was wondering if anyone knew.:rolleyes:

11. funnygrl

funnygrl Approved members

Still waiting for an email back from them about my questions.

12. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

I would think they would replace any of the BD link meters that you own:) As long as they know that you own them.. say, if you bought two, they should replace two, but if you bought one, and someone gave you theirs, then MM wouldn't know that you had it so probably wouldn't replace that one.. :)

13. JenFur

JenFur Approved members

Heard the same thing about replacing meters around March. You don't have to call, you are just suppose to get them. I wonder if it will be smaller than the BD? Hope so, then maybe I would use them.

Of course, I think you have to get a new cable to download info.:rolleyes:

Let us know what was in your box. :D

14. clb1968

clb1968 Approved members

Yeah , let us know what's in the box. We are nosey!:D

15. TripleThreat

it wasnt the meter i had a few bad sensors in a ox didnt ask them to replace them cause i dont pay for them and starting quite the stockpile but they sent me some replacements

i did phone about the meters after i got the sesors they said they would send them out to everyone who has a meter within the next couple of weeks

16. Boo

Boo Approved members

I didn't know anything about these new meters. So, it is a one-touch? And is it wirelessly compatible with the pump? Will it use the same strips as the one touch ultra?

17. WestinsMom

WestinsMom Approved members

It is replacing the BD, so yes it will talk to the pump. It will use the one touch strips. I am wondering if they will send a cord to download it?

18. OSUMom

OSUMom Approved members

Hope so!!!

19. MReinhardt

MReinhardt Approved members

I would be interestd to know if the new meter would be interactive with the CGMS. Then life would great.

20. semperwife

semperwife Approved members

I completely agree with you!! We have nothing but problems!