advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out of range on Dexcom G4?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by ecs1516, Jan 2, 2013.

1. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

Our G4 had out of range for several hours today. Transmitter was still on. Never saw this on the 7+ unless the receiver was actually out of range. Anyone else seen strange out of range conditions on the G4?

2. Nancy in VA

Nancy in VA Approved members

We had it the other day. It was sitting right next to her and was out of range for over an hour. It did it twice that day and hasn't since. I don't know what was up

3. Lisa - Aidan's mom

Lisa - Aidan's mom Approved members

Same here, he was out of range for almost two hours when it was right next to him. I called the 800 Dexcom #; they said sometimes these things happen :confused: He asked if there was a wireless router in the house and if he was near it. It happened again yesterday at school and it was in the pocket of his cargo pants the whole day. Wish there was a better explanation.

4. maciasfamily

maciasfamily Approved members

I've heard this complaint from others too. Kids can be wearing it and it gives the out of range. They've taken it away and brought it back in range and that sometimes seems to help.

We decided to hold off on upgrading due to this and a few other issues I heard about. Our 7 has been pretty dead on accurate on almost all his sensors, so figured why pay $$$ to upgrade when we have plenty of 7 sensors left.

Hopefully when we upgrade in the summer all these kinks will be worked out!

5. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

Is there an "out of range" alarm?

6. BittysMom

BittysMom Approved members

Yes, you can set it to alarm you if it has been out of range for various times. I chose 30 minutes. This happened to me once and I posted about it in the cgm forum (Siberia, lol). Customer service thought I needed a new transmitter but it came back in just under 3 hours. It's since only happened for 5 minutes or so.

7. zoomom456

zoomom456 Approved members

We had this happen once as well. Interestingly it happened right after we set up our wi-fi for the house. No issues since then though.

8. swellman

swellman Approved members

We went around 10 days on our first sensor with only one out of range that I can recall and it was on a completely different floor. A few days into the second sensor it was on the night stand next to the bed and went out of range for 2 hours. I plugged it in to see if that would help and it did not. I had him roll over and that seemed to help. It happen again this morning just once on the night stand. I think he was sleeping directly on it both times. It was in our guest bedroom as well so the environment was different.

9. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

When it happened to my son , he had the receiver for the G4 in his spibelt and he was walking around doing things, not asleep laying on it.
    It is just strange we never had a 7+ go out of range for more than 20 minutes ,but that would be when the receiver was on the night stand.

10. selketine

selketine Approved members

Our 7+ would go out of range sometimes even when it was close to him - but would come back.

I haven't seen an OOR on the G4 yet - except for once when he was truly too far away from it cause I had it.

11. moco89

moco89 Approved members

I don't have problems with OOR alarms.

The Navigator II supposedly has 30 meters (~ 100 feet) of range. The Dexcom is relatively accurate but I wish there was competition.

12. SarahKelly

SarahKelly Approved members

you know we've been having this a lot too when Isaac is really active, like running, jumping, tumbling, diving around like a young dude sometimes does - I wondered if it had more to do with his movement rather than the actual transmitter receiving data, as if maybe his activity level was causing the problem. Anybody notice this at all?