- advertisement -

Our move from the MM to the tslim

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by hawkeyegirl, Jun 10, 2013.

1. rachabetic

rachabetic Approved members

Yes, using this pump, I'm starting to wonder why I never used the Cozmo. I'm glad at least some of the Cozmo features are still around because of the patents bought by Tandem when Cozmo went out of business.

2. Mish

Mish Approved members

there are many cozmo features. These are also old cozmo features which haven't been on other pumps since:

site change reminders
    basal patterns switching

Also, I know John Walsh was (or still is) on the clinical board at Tandem and he loved his cozmo so I know that some of this is his influence. (He and Gary Scheiner both used them).

3. Chippy28

Chippy28 Approved members

Thanks for the review! I am seriously considering switching to the tslim later this year. Does the tslim come with a belt clip and if so, how streamlined and sturdy is it? As an adult, tslim's small size is extremely appealing, but I would hate for that to be ruined with a clip that is bulky!

4. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

There are two available clips for it. Of the reviews I've read, people consider one bulky, and one much less bulky. It comes with one of the clips, and I have not a clue whether it's the one that people consider bulky or not. (It looks fine to me, but we don't use it.)

5. rachabetic

rachabetic Approved members

The clip it comes with is the bulky one. The non bulky one comes in different colors to chose from. I have the non bulky one (T:clip). I use this one for whenever I don't have pockets and need a clip. I use the inside part of the clip that it comes with if I have pockets, and just want a bit of protection. The inside of the bulky clip is like the T:clip,but without the clip, and then I just don't attach the clip part. Yes, kind of hard to explain and hard to visualize from the description I just gave. If you go to the Tandem website, it might be easier to see a visual.

I would also like to add that they are a somewhat new company, and I think that with the feedback of customers, they are likely to come out with even better clips and pouches in the future. They are really good at listening to what the users want, and acting on it.:cwds:

6. SarahKelly

SarahKelly Approved members

Wow you guys! Thanks so much for the thorough review. I will be contacting the tslim rep, since switching Isaac's CGM to dexcom I have been hoping that it becomes part of an integrated system, even happier it is happening with a tubed pump as his skin can't do the omnipod (at least we haven't figured it out yet!)
    I look forward to hearing more as you keep using the pump :)