- advertisement -

Our Intro

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by bubbas, Jun 7, 2010.

1. bubbas

bubbas Approved members

I signed up on the website last Sept. but have never posted. Decided I'm finally ready!
    My baby was 3 weeks shy of his 4th birthday when he was diagnosed with type 1. That was Sept.17.09 In January of this year he was diagnosed with Epilepsy, in May we found out he has learning disabilities and just last week I found out he has hearing loss. He is getting ready for Kinder this fall and I am not sure I am ready to let him go to school. I have been working with them to make sure everything goes smooth but its been hard. Looking forward to the forums.

2. Jordansmom

Jordansmom Approved members

So sorry you have had so much to deal with. But it's great that you're posting. Welcome.:cwds:

3. Rukio

Rukio Banned

Welcome to the group! I hope you enjoy your stay here and learn a lot about managing your child's diabetes. What type of insulin is your son on? Is he on a pump or shots? Does he have a Continuous glucose monitoring (CGMS) system? What meter do you use? Do you like it? If you could pick any other meter, would you choose a new one? How are you handling his hearing loss? Does he have a service dog?

*sorry for so many questions*

4. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

HI and welcome.. sorry you had to join us, but glad you found us.. this place is a great resource! Jump right in!

5. Kaylas mom

Kaylas mom Approved members

Welcome, sorry you are here tho.

6. bubbas

bubbas Approved members

He currently uses NPH, Humalog and Lantus. He doesnt have a pump, we do shots. No CGMS (need to look that up). We use the Freestlye lite as our primary and we have a bunch of True2go stashed in the vehicles, at our friends house and in my purse as our just in case meter. I also use the True2go when my son is out playing sports and when we are at the beach. I use the True2go anytime that its not his usual testing times because the strips are cheaper. Plus the meter is free and we have killed meters at the beach before, lol. We also own all the free meters that came in through the mail but havent use any of them.

As far as his hearing loss I am still trying to get used to it. He can hear us he just cant hear certain pitches and we will find out more at his next appointment.

7. Kayla and Ethan's Mom

Kayla and Ethan's Mom Approved members

Welcome to the group! You will find all kinds of answers and support here. I'm glad you are ready, it took me a few months to post as well. I'm really glad I come here, even if it's just to not feel alone! Good luck!