- advertisement -

Our gala got coverage ...

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Nancy in VA, Nov 12, 2010.

1. Nancy in VA

Nancy in VA Approved members

2. 2boysmom

2boysmom Approved members

That is awesome! Love your dress!

3. caspi

caspi Approved members

This is the issue I have with JDRF - I have to wonder just how much it cost to put on this "Gala". :rolleyes: I think that money could have gone to much better use.... JMO....

4. Nancy in VA

The bottom line with any charity is that you have to spend money to make more money.

All of the auction items are donated.
    Most of the food / wine is donated

The hall costs money

I don't know if the band was donated.

I think that maybe they spend about $200K to raise $1.2M - so the net is $1M towards research.

5. caspi

caspi Approved members

It would be interesting to see if your figures are correct, Nancy. There just seems to be a lot of wasteful spending in the Capitol Chapter.

On a positive note, you looked beautiful! :)

6. Nancy in VA

Actually, Christina, the Capitol Chapter is one of the more efficient chapters. They did an efficiency study of chapters across the country.

They are also given an operating budget handed down from National JDRF and that is all they get to spend in order to put on these events, and have target fundraising goals to meet with that money. They have targeted ROIs for each event and for the budget as a whole.

We actually spend time at each board meeting discussing the budget and the comparison of expenses, revenues, and man-hours of effort of the staff and volunteers to determine whether the fundraising events are worth the cost and effort and have discontinued fundraising activities that weren't raising enough for the effort that it took.