Elizabeth started pumping in November, and though we had been using Novolog on MDI, the Endo went ahead and started us on Humalog in the pump since her insurance would be changing us to Humalog in January anyway. We had a pretty normal pump start - a love/hate relationship with it for the first 6 weeks or so (ha!), until we got the basals ironed out. Love the pump now, btw. Understand why most folks never go back to MDI . We went along with the Humalog for a couple of months, but after filling her prescription one day, I decided to use the leftover Novolog pens we had in the fridge to free up some space. A couple of things I immediately noticed after three days was that her 3-day-old site was not sore and red at removal. Her numbers had been noticeably steadier, and any highs she had came down faster. Hmmm. So I decided to go back and forth between Humalog and Novolog (I had about 1800 units of Novolog to work with, so a good sampling to get an idea if what I was seeing was indicative or incidental) and log when I used each to document any differences. After 10 sites, 5 with Humalog, 5 with Novolog, I had my answer: Novolog resulted in sites lasting longer, less or no soreness after site removal, steadier numbers, and the biggie: average numbers were 30 points lower. That's about a full A1C point. I asked for a PA (Prior Authorization) from the Endo for Novolog. They were hesitant, as PAs were not getting approved by our particular insurance. I said I was willing to advocate directly with the insurance company, and they went ahead, cautioning me not to get my hopes up. I called our pharmacy and found out that Humalog costs $115/vial, vs. $118/vial for Novolog. I called the PA rep for our insurance's prescription dept. and let them know they would be receiving a PA from our Endo, but wanted to have it on record why the PA was being requested. I relayed the observations I had made as well as telling her the difference in price between the two insulins as per our pharmacy. Two days later I had an approval. Picked up our new prescription for Novolog yesterday . Don't be afraid to advocate for a PA. Have your info lined up and documented as to why you're asking for the PA. I've gone to bat for PAs a couple of times, with number of strip restrictions (we now have a PA for 300/month) and now for Novolog. And E has state insurance. Just an encouragement to those of you trying for PAs for whatever . . .