- advertisement -

Our 4 year D anniversary

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by samheis, Oct 19, 2011.

1. samheis

samheis Approved members

It was Oct 11. And we've been sailing along in life, completely forgot about it. I was doing bills yesterday, noticed the date and did a double take. It was so strange to realize that it had never crossed my mind that day. I felt liberated, as though finally, finally, D doesn't have top priority in my household.
    Of course, once I remembered...couldn't help feeling a little emotional. 4 years, and next year will be 5, then comes 6, and on, and on, and on. I've taken to living life day by day, so this moment of looking into my sons forever hurt.
    It's not that I don't think about D everyday, kinda have to, right? More like it's a natural part of our families dynamics. I guess we've finally fallen into that 'New Normal' that so many experienced families promised me in the months following diagnosis.
    Such a strange, bitter sweet realization.
    I need to take a moment today, while I 'm thinking back and remembering. Thank you members of CWD. Despite our vast differences, right here, in these forums, you have given me a sanctuary, a place to turn to when the rest of the world wants to turn a blind eye to the realities of children living with diabetes. You guys, even in my silence, have helped me move forward, helped me propel my family forward into a healing place so that we can exist in harmony with D.

2. Deal

Deal Approved members

Today marks our 2 year anniversary of D. Last year we marked it with a trip to the Banting museum in London Ontario (highly recommend) This year nothing... :( unless I come up with an idea in the next hour, which is why I'm searching old threads on diaversary now.

It is amazing how over time the whole diabetes thing falls into the background, or perhaps more accurately described as autopilot mode like breathing.

3. samheis

samheis Approved members

I never know what to say. Hey you've survived 2 years! If you lived in my state, I would suggest a day in the park, a picnic, and just a good, loving, family outing. (the weather is GORGEOUS here in Texas today).