- advertisement -

OT: Oh Yeah! Red Sox win the World Series!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Beach bum, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Just had to share my joy with everyone! Never thought I would see them win 1 World Series in my life time, 2 is a dream come true:D

2. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

yeah for the Red Sox:) I really thought they were going to go to game 5 after it became SOOO close last night.. Really wanted to see Papelbon do his dance though:)

did you see the news of the people celebrating in Boston? i don't understand why these mass crowds were out there.. there was no game getting out.. and they turned from celebrating to idiots... over turing cars and taunting police..

Yeah for the Sox!

3. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

Jumping in with a WOOHOO here too. :)

somewhere around the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs I actually had to remind myself that these were the post 2004 red sox, not the pre 2004 red sox. I almost went back into old Red Sox mind set where I was telling myself, "they're going to break my heart again". I half expected a Buckner move to blow the game. Then I remember, OH YEAH, the curse is GONE BABY GONE!

Last edited: Oct 29, 2007
  4. allisa

allisa Approved members

Fellow Red Sox enthusiast here, too.....

isn't it funny how things change in a short couple of years....we just EXPECTED them to win.....where as in the past....it'd be the opposite !

I remember the Bill Buckner day....poor guy.....he lived in my home town and moved out as fast as possible !!

As far as crowds tipping cars.....I do not understand it at all !! I think ONLY one was turned....this is good ??? My kids thought it was the dumbest thing, too !

5. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

you know, I feel bad for the guys on the Rockies.. The coach had tears in his eyes.. and not once, but twice (two different games) they showed one of their pitchers crying.. I feel bad for these guys.. they beat some big odds to get where there were.. Glad the Red Sox won..but man, I still feel bad for the other team.. aren't I a big ol' sap? LOL

6. frizzyrazzy

I always feel bad for the underdogs...since we were in that spot so many many times. But they've only waited 15years for a world series. They don't know the meaning of wait.

Someone said it last night - 2004 was for our dads and grandpas and grandmas who waited their whole life, year after year, and still never saw it. 2007 was for US now.

7. melissabeth

melissabeth Approved members

GO SOX! My family had season tickets for 3 generations, but they got so expensive that my dad had to give them up when we moved here (heartbreakingly, this was the year before their first world series win- my grandparents who never saw it in their lifetimes were surely rolling in their graves!).

8. twicker1

twicker1 Approved members

I feel bad... I didn't even know the World Series was going on. I saw the "victory picture" on MSN. Oops!

9. frizzyrazzy

I'll forgive you Tuesday. :)

10. melaniej

melaniej Approved members

woohoo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cant wait for the boys to get home so we can really celebrate !!!!!!!!!!!!!! and how about them pats 8-0 look out Manning what great day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tyler did the Papelbon dance all the way to school ( fully clothed ) lol :D:D

11. Beach bum

Try being married to a Mets fan:mad:

12. Jensmami

Jensmami Approved members

Congratulations to the Red Sox! I had no clue who was playing (Soccer fan here), but if I had I would have hoped one of the New York teams would make it;)

I'm sure you can tell by now that I am not into Baseball, I don't understand the game, for me they are just standing on the field and wait:D

13. KatelinsMom

KatelinsMom Approved members

Wooooo-whoooo!! :D I was a bit worried last..it was a bit close for comfort..but so happy!!

14. Kris60

Kris60 Approved members

YAY SOX!!!!! I'm dragging a bit today from staying up and watching it. Hubby only lasted to the 7th and went to bed and he's from Conn. DVR ftw!!!
    anyone want to send a copy of the Boston Herald to OK for me with the BIG FRONT PAGE?

15. saxmaniac

saxmaniac Approved members

You should be able to agree about your dislike for the Yankees. I happen to know personally you can be a Mets and Sox fan at the same time!

Well... except when it's the Mets vs. the Sox. But that doesn't happen too often.

16. Illinifan

Illinifan Approved members

Congrats to the Red Sox and their fans on the World Series win.

My screen name could just as well be Cardinalfan. I personally know how the Rockies and their fans are feeling after being swept. I have, stashed away in a very safe place, two tickets to Game 5 of the 2004 World Series. :mad:

The Red Sox only need to win 2 more World Series titles to catch the A's, 3 more to catch the Cardinals and 19 more to catch the Yankees! :rolleyes:

17. Beach bum

Thank goodness for that, I don't think I could relive those dark days again...so sad, especially since I was living in Boston then. It was like a city in mourning. Of course, if I get on hubby's case about the Mets (Pedro, I'll never forgive you!) all he has to say is Biiilllllyyyy and that shuts me up:D

18. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

I don't know anything about the Red Sox BUT there is a colour pic AND an article in our lil ol provincial newspaper way over here in NZ!

Some News (especially sports results :rolleyes: ) Travels Far and Fast ;)

19. MamaC

MamaC Approved members

Bosox all the way. I admit the last couple of innings I was watching between my fingers, but Papelbon is my new hero.

I just don't know if the Dance will help or hurt sales of UnderArmour :rolleyes:

But me boyos done real good! On to the Celtics!

Becky

20. ScottB

ScottB Approved members

I grew up in Chicago and I'm still waiting for the impossibility there to happen and that's see the Cubs win the world series or even more impossible, see the Black Hawks win the Stanley Cup. Nah I'm just wasting my time.:)