- advertisement -

OT- Kind of...

Discussion in 'Insurance Issues' started by Armyemily, May 22, 2008.

1. Armyemily

Armyemily Approved members

Tricare screwed up (big suprise) and I was kicked off of my dads plan (even though he has gaurdenship over me) so the people at the hospital and the SSI people told me to go apply for medicaid (which is called Soonercare here) I did and was told that since I was considered disabled I would be approved. Well they called me yesterday and said I needed to come in for an appointment. When I got there the lady was sooo rude! She did not take me into her office instead she called me and while I was walking up to her she said "Obesity IS NOT A DISABLIITY!!" I started tearing up then while we were still standing in the lobby she said "By the look of you I find you not eligible" That was the end of it! By this time I was crying so hard I could barrly see. How dare she disrespect me! I felt commpletly hummiliated. I became obese after my dignose of Type 1 Diabetes and Asperger's in fact I was underweight until I was 16 (I am now 19). I can not believe she did that Luckly my mom was still in the parking lot and she let her and her boss have it!

2. jules12

jules12 Approved members

I'm so sorry that happened to you. People now days can just be so rude and insensitive. I am glad your Mom was there to help you out!

3. vettechmomof2

vettechmomof2 Approved members

I am very sorry for yuor struggles. I hope you can figure something out soon and that that woman loses her job.
    Take care,
    Allene

4. bgallini

bgallini Approved members

Emily,

I'm so sorry that happened! What a horrible person!! I hope you get your insurance worked out.