- advertisement -

Ordered the MySentry

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Brensdad, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Brensdad

Brensdad Approved members

I completed the paperwork today and as soon as Minimed receives the prescription from our endo, the MySentry will ship out to us. Our terms were $480 down with 12 payments of $125, and I set those up on my flexible spending card. My plan is to fight for reimbursement, so I'll let you all know how that goes.

2. Jilleighn

Jilleighn Approved members

you will love it!! Actually called United Health Care this afternoon and it sounds quite promising about coverage!

3. Brensdad

I agree about reimbursement. My plan is to file the claim under the "receiver for a CGMS" HCPCS code, and since we don't have a Dexcom, I "think" it'll breeze right through.

4. sariana

sariana Approved members

Wow! We have been on the Ping for a few years now, but might be looking into this pump JUST for this. We get up a few times a night just to check on my girl, but after a few years of it, we are REALLY beginning to feel it. The only issue that we have is that she already hates getting new patches, that we may not be able to convince her of the CGMS too....

Let us know how it is please :)

5. betty6333

betty6333 Approved members

YAY! I hope you love it! Enjoy!

6. lisanc

lisanc Approved members

We are sending in our papers for reimbursement also ... so we will see how it goes ...

7. bradclark

bradclark Approved members

Can I ask how you got an additional discount? I was told that list was $3000 and they were offering a 20% discount right now, which would lower it to $2400. If my math is right, you total was $1980. We're seriously considering it, but would appreciate any tips for getting the best price, since I'm doubtful that we'll get insurance to reimburse (although, I'll definitely try!).

Thanks!

8. Brensdad

This was the email from Medtronic:

"The total cost for MySentry is $2400. We are offering a 20% discount which brings the total to $1920. If you are interested in a payment plan it requires an down payment of $480 on a credit card and the payment plan would be $125 per month for 12 months. Attached is a copy of the payment plan. Once we receive the Rx everything will be ready to go."

9. bradclark

bradclark Approved members

I called Medtronic and have in fact gone through the ordering process, but was informed that the above information was incorrect. The list price for MySentry is $3000, so $2400 is the current discounted rate with the 20% applied. Oh, well, it was worth a try. Hope you had better luck than I and got the deeper discount.