- advertisement -

Order Dexcom Share Reciever today!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Melissata, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Melissata

Melissata Approved members

Removing the cradle app doesn't make a difference. She can still use the cradle to charge it.

2. SallyS

SallyS Approved members

For those who purchased the Share cradle and upgraded to the new receiver, did Dexcom send the pediatric version automatically, or did they send the same version as the receiver that you are replacing? Thank you!

- Sally

3. rgcainmd

rgcainmd Approved members

They sent us the pediatric version, which is the one my daughter had originally. Her last Dexcom receiver was the adult version, however, because someone at Dexcom replaced her non-functioning pediatric receiver with an adult one by accident. Even with the upgraded software, the adult version did not seem to give us more accurate numbers than the pediatric version (probably because we get extremely accurate numbers with both the pediatric and adult versions. Just lucky!)

4. Lakeman

Lakeman Approved members

Im so jealous. Ours is suppose to arrive tomorrow!! And yes I am excited too. My daughter has been wanting a sleepover at a particular friends house and I am just not comfortable asking that parent to do night time checks nor do I trust them that much. I do think this will open up possibilities so that we don't have to trust those parents quite that much.

5. Lakeman

Lakeman Approved members

I was sharing the exiting news tonight in class and the guy sitting next to me is a gym teacher and he showed me the app that he has on his phone for one of his students. It is the night loud app and it shows events-carbs and blouses. Does anyone know if the dex version will show events?

6. dpr

dpr Approved members

I got ours ordered today. For those who already have it, how's it working for you, as advertised?

7. Melissata

It is working perfectly. Some people have had problems and have had to reload the apps, but ours has been smooth sailing. She has had it for a week now.

8. dpr

dpr Approved members

Great to hear, thank you.

9. Lakeman

Lakeman Approved members

We have had ours for just a few days now.

When it first arrived my daughter was at school so I set up the account, entered the Transmitter ID into the receiver, and made sure I had the apps ready. When she got home it did not show the data so we restarted the sensor and that worked briefly then we had a pic of an hourglass and a blood drop for a few hours. Changed the sensor and discovered that there had been blood between the sensor and the transmitter. Waited for the start up and it worked. That night she was low and while my phone buzzed it did not make an audible alarm. Checked the settings multiple times and could find no reason that sometimes the alarm was audible and sometimes not if the app is running in the background. Loaded the apps on my wife's phone Sunday and hers too would be audible sometimes but not others. Also we have long periods of time where our phones read "no data". Sometimes closing an app either on the sharer's phone or on the follower's phone fixes that.

We love love having this but for right now my evaluation is that there are a few bugs.

Bugs or not I am going to order one for my son today and trust that the bugs will get fixed.

10. Lori_Gaines

Lori_Gaines Approved members

Forgive me if this is a silly question, but was your ringer on silent or vibrate? I thought it would sound no matter what and kept wondering why it wasn't working. Turns out the ringer on my phone was off lol. Ours only reads no data if she is out of range from whatever wireless router the Share was running off of.

Ours has worked perfectly, and we love it! Love not needing the cradle anymore as it gives more accessibility, especially at school.

11. rgcainmd

rgcainmd Approved members

Knock wood, so far ours has worked perfectly. I love my daughter's Dexcom almost as much as I love her!

12. Melissata

No data can happen if the sharing phone is too far away from the receiver. I have read that some people have had to delete and restart the apps. I would try that and then call tech support if the persists with the alarms only on vibrate.

13. Lakeman

Lakeman Approved members

I think I figured it out. I called dex and they walked me through the usual settings that I had checked and double checked many times. They really impressed me by saying they would call back later that night to go over it again but then didn't call back.

The problems I was having were only happening in my bedroom which made me think maybe it had something to do with the Ihome dock. I found no good advice online so I called Ihome and they told me that only audible alerts that are longer than ten seconds will play when the phone is docked on the Ihome. I changed the alert to a long one and it works fine now.