- advertisement -

Order Dexcom Share Reciever today!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Melissata, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Melissata

Melissata Approved members

Call or order online starting today.

2. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

We are allowed by insurance to get it next week :)

3. Kunkfam

Kunkfam Approved members

Filled out the upgrade form online! So excited to have it. No clue when that will be though they didn't offer up any time line.

4. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

We have to get ours through Diabetes Specialty and the rep there said they were told by Dex that there should be no issue whatsoever in them being able to fulfill orders in a timely fashion.

5. Lakeman

Lakeman Approved members

Dexcom actually called me yesterday to confirm that my request to get the product would be processed. The insurance company did require me to fill out a BG log which I sent late last night. Dexcom is even going to overnight it in 7 to ten days (after insurance approves it) because the one we have is broken ( the door covering the charging port fell off). I tried to explain that it was still working without the door but the rep was just insistent on being super helpful.

Great company!

6. jenm999

jenm999 Approved members

I just got an email from Dexcom, which was a blind copy (hrmmm.....). I have no credit card on file (got our Dex and get all supplies through Neighborhood). I really just want a back up in case the current receiver goes belly up, which has happened to us already (first one lost sound, current one does random "system check" and shows a blank screen for 15-20 minutes, one more incident and they said they'd replace it). We use Nightscout and not iphones so the bluetooth capability is not important to me at the moment, though I will explore if/when they roll out an Android app.

--

Thank you for completing the on line form for your Ocean Blue Dexcom G4 Platinum with Share receiver. We will be processing your order within the month of March. We will send further communication as we get closer to an anticipated ship date.

The total charge for your order will be $199.00 plus $15.00 shipping/handling

Please respond to this email with your approval to charge your credit card on file for $199.00 plus shipping so we may process your upgrade.

You may also respond to this email with any further questions you have.

Thank you

Customer Service Team

Visit our website: www.dexcom.com

7. rgcainmd

rgcainmd Approved members

Just filled out the form on-line and Julio at Dexcom said we should receive ours by next Monday or Tuesday. I just hope it's the adult version with the upgraded software. We had to get a replacement receiver several weeks ago because ours suddenly went belly-up for unclear reasons (no ???, no warning screens; this receiver was a replacement for the one before it which was still in warranty.) The two receivers we had prior to the one we currently have were pediatric versions; the nice folks at Dexcom made a "mistake" and replaced our previous pediatric receiver with an adult version which made me quite happy as it had the upgraded software already installed. To tell you the truth, I won't be too upset if our new bluetooth receiver is the pediatric version because my daughter has always gotten such incredibly accurate readings (beginning at about the 8 to 10 hour mark after starting a new sensor) that I really didn't notice the adult version with the upgraded software being even more accurate. We're getting ours free because I purchased the Share cradle in November or December 2014. We'll continue to use the cradle to charge her receiver at night; you have to click the receiver into place on the cradle to recharge as opposed to plugging a cord into that port under that flimsy, breakage-prone window, so hopefully we'll see less issues in that particular area as the connection just feels more solid and secure when using the cradle. I'm just so glad that I held out for the Dexcom Share with bluetooth and didn't "go Nightscout" with all the extra accoutrements, etc. T1D already involves so much "equipment" that has to be shlepped around and there's nothing extra my daughter will need with the bluetooth-enabled Dexcom Share (as we've always been an iPhone family.)

8. StacyMM

StacyMM Approved members

I'm waiting for insurance instead of doing the upgrade so I called to check - both kids will qualify for a new one in June so only a few months. We have Nightscout and I have all the components for DexDrip so I'm going to hang out and see how it all works out :) If the reviews are just comments about how awesome the new setup is, I'll have 3 months to save up for four iPhones. Just can't justify 4 phones and 2 upgrades yet when Nightscout is so easy.

9. katerinas

katerinas Approved members

I am soooooo jealous!!!!!! I don't know when and if we can do this and I am literally droulling over the share receiver!!!!!

10. mamattorney

mamattorney Approved members

Can't wait for detailed reports on how it works! I can't decide if we are going to order it or hold off. I'm tending towards holding off, since we'd have to pay $200 but it's so tempting!

11. sszyszkiewicz

sszyszkiewicz Approved members

I would bet a significant sum of $$ that if it were not for Nightscout there would not be a Share Receiver. Thats just my opinion but in the runup to the Share cradle there was never a mention of a Share receiver until a few months ago.

12. Lakeman

Lakeman Approved members

My daughter's receiver was out of warranty so we were able to order right away. On the other hand, my son's is not out of warranty until August. My wife and I think we will wait 1) because being in honeymoon he has real stable numbers and 2) he is older and can manage himself much more independently than my daughter. Still, if after seeing how hers works he wants one sooner we might just fork out the cash to accommodate his wishes.

13. Nancy in VA

Nancy in VA Approved members

We are due in June and it's killing me to wait, but its the right thing to do. Since I homeschool Emma, she's around me a lot more than some other kids, so I have less time that I'd need to be depending on the share. It would only be a couple extra months ahead and not sure that's worth $100 more. Also, it means upgrading two of our current cell phones from regular feature phones to smart phones. We have one old iPhone5 that we can give to Emma but there is no way I can give an iPhone to the 10 year old and leave the 15 year old with a regular old boring phone, even though he has an iPod. So we'll buy an iPhone 6 for him. Means I'll be keeping my iPhone 4 for at least another year since I'll be giving my upgrade to my son, who isn't eligible for one yet. So, 1 iPhone at about $175, 2 upgrade fees at $70 and additional $20 a month for each line for the add'l data phones, plus the possibility of another $10/month to increase my data amount, the cost gets much more significant considering how much I'm around her already.

14. kt_mom

kt_mom Approved members

I just ordered ours this afternoon! Wish we had it last weekend when DD was on her youth trip and her room leader ignored the alarms Saturday night and DD was low all night.

15. jenm999

jenm999 Approved members

We were early Nightscout adopters and love it. It can be fussy though, which neither of us minds, but when it gets out of whack at school it's a pain in the butt. But I'd need to buy an iphone for my son, for the nurse (who leaves the NS website up on her computer and catches most of his lows at 80) and for my husband, plus 3 additional data plans, plus no Pebble. It's a shame they have not rolled out the Android version concurrently. I'm eager to see what the Nightscout developers come up with now that the receiver will have bluetooth.

16. Lori_Gaines

Lori_Gaines Approved members

We bought our Share cradle the day it came out. We just upgraded our receiver yesterday. Super happy with the Share and so excited that it will now be integrated into the receiver. Yippee!!!!

17. KHS22

KHS22 Approved members

Anyone looking to sell their Share cradle now they have the new receiver?? We can't get either in Canada yet...

18. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

Ours arrived today. My daughter had it up and running immediately. It's the same size as the original receiver; the screen is slightly different. It requires a different Share app than the cradle and required removing the Cradle app, which is disappointing.

19. Mo1

Mo1 Approved members

Filled out the form, but decided to wait until September when my insurance will cover it. I could use the 199 on something else. Looking forward to it though.

20. rgcainmd

rgcainmd Approved members

Woo-hoo, our new Dexcom with Share receiver arrived today; I'm even more excited than when my daughter's first Dexcom arrived!!! Neither my daughter nor I need to haul around anything more than we already do to utilize this amazing piece of technology; my daughter is already used to carrying her "old" Dexcom receiver at all times along with her iPhone. (Are there any kids who actually need to be reminded to keep their cell phone with them? I don't think I could pry my daughter's iPhone out of her hand with a crowbar, even in her sleep!) And my cell phone is always just a short reach away. Being able to check on my daughter's BG at any time and having my iPhone alarm whenever she's high or low is so indescribably awesome!

Doesn't take much to get me excited...