- advertisement -

one year....

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by nmco123, Dec 25, 2010.

1. nmco123

nmco123 Approved members

Hi Everyone....

Its been a while since ive posted. I read but dont often post. Today I think of all of you. It was one year ago today, Christmas Eve my son Colin was diagnosed with type 1. It was an awful day, a day we will never forget. I never thought we'd be here, one year later. Happy and looking forward to Santa in our home, not in a hospital. IT was because of all of you i was able to make it through this one year and the amazing strength of my son, Colin. How we have all grown to live with diabetes, is amazing. We still have our highs and lows....of course some things will always remain the same. But we have strength something we were reaching for one year ago. As i write this I wish you all a Merry Christmas, kiss your loved ones and squeeze tight your children with diabetes! I was an emotional mess today, but happy we made it through one year, and feel strong going into many many many more....off to give Lantus and dream of visoins of sugar plums! Thank you all!!!! :cwds:

Love, Nicole

2. Noel

Noel Approved members

Nicole, My son was diagnosed on Christmas eve as well. It has been 9 years for us today. You are not alone!! I posted earlier about our journey, it's here in this forum titled "Nine Years".

Here's to many more healthy years for all of our children!!! :cwds:

3. nmco123

nmco123 Approved members

Thank you. I just read your story and was in tears. I totally get it all, the 2:30am snacks, the blood stained sheets, the "goodie" bag that is another pocketbook.....so nice and relaxing to know we are not alone, when infact i feel alone all the time....

Thank you!

4. Noel

Noel Approved members

Nicole,

I see from your signature that southern NJ, right near the Delaware Memorial Bridge!!! I didn't realize that we were so close!!!

5. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Oh Nicole that is lovely!:cwds: Im so pleased that you have all made it through that rough first year and are enjoying life and living it to the fullest. I hope Colin and all of you have a wonderful Christmas and a happy, healthy new year:cwds:

6. nmco123

nmco123 Approved members

Thanks Becky! It was really you who welcomed me so much here and on FB! thank you so much for that. what a huge help you have been! Hope you and the boys had a wonderful christmas and a happy new year too!!!
    Nicole

7. Darryl

Darryl Approved members

Not sure if we've talked before, but congratulations on making it to one year and all that you've learned!

8. calebsmom1113

calebsmom1113 Approved members

We just made our year mark in August and it's amazing when you look back on where you were then, how much you've learned and how you never thought life would be OK again... but it is. I thank God for the support we get on these boards and as much as people always thank everyone else for being there, those same people get others through their sketchy times too. Be blessed, and congratulations on your "diagnosaversary" :)