- advertisement -

One year today

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by sarahconnormom, Dec 18, 2008.

1. sarahconnormom

sarahconnormom Approved members

It has been exactly one year since we got the official dx of T1 Diabetes for Connor. On December 17, 2007 our lives changed forever. We have come so far in a year.

Connor amazes me daily with his ability to just accept things the way they are and his ability to live his life to the fullest despite a disease that requires so much of him.

Making the switch to the insulin pump in April was one of the best decisions we have made in the past year. I overheard Connor telling his little friend just the other day "If you ever get diabetes you have to get a pump. It is so much better than shots. Just think it's only one poke every 3 or 4 days intead of a bunch of pokes everyday."

2. bgallini

bgallini Approved members

I'm sorry that you have to 'celebrate' this anniversary. But it sounds like you've done a great job so that's worth celebrating.

3. Billetdeaux

Billetdeaux CWD Education/Programs

Congratulations on a year of good health! It is amazing how much all of us learned in that first year (and then how much we continue to learn as our kids grow up).

4. Tigerlilly's mom

Tigerlilly's mom Approved members

Congratulations on ending a difficult year with a positive attitude and outlook, it seems as though Connor is doing great in all aspects and that is so great!!! Kudos to you Mom!!

5. Emma'sDad

Emma'sDad Approved members

Awww. Time goes by fast doesn't it? I remember when you joined and I made a joke about Sarah Connor. :) Still loving the show BTW!! That girl terminator is such a great actress!!

Hope you had a great day.

6. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

One year older but so much wiser ;) Here's to hoping that you can focus on how much you've learned and how well you've done. :cwds:

7. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

I hope you continue your journey in this D road with as much grace as you have so far.:cwds:

8. mph

mph Approved members

What she said so well.......:D:cwds:

Keep up the great work!!!!

9. timnshann

timnshann Approved members

Congratulations on being a year wiser and a year of good health. I know the day is one of mixed emotions (I cried) but just think how far you have come:eek: