- advertisement -

One year diaversary today

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by aslan1994, Dec 1, 2011.

1. aslan1994

aslan1994 Approved members

One year ago right now I was in the er of the children's hospital with my sweet little girl- trying not to cry in front of her while listening to her scream as the nurses tried (for what seemed like hours) to get an iv in her skinny little arm. We both cried a bunch that week in the hospital, but she has grown so brave and strong this past year. Most of the time, she accepts this new aspect of her life with nonchalance. I am so proud of her inner strength and courage. We still hate the disease, but it doesn't stop her from living life.
    I gave her a present tonight to mark this day - a little monkey with diabetes named Pumpernickel. She had seen this monkey (or one similar to it) at the end's office, and always liked playing with it. She loved his little pump, pouch, and site that sticks to his tummy, just like hers.
    Today was much better than last year..... :cwds:

2. jtolpin

jtolpin Approved members

Hugs!!!

Well done!

3. Butterfly Betty

Butterfly Betty Approved members

huggles and Here's to an even better year next time around!!!

4. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Amy, you have come so far in the last year. You and your daughter and family have all grown and have learned to make the many adjustments that living with diabetes brings. Many congratulations on your first year of keeping your daughter healthy and happy and with her new monkey friend Pumpernickel (such a cute name for him!) :)

5. lisamustac

lisamustac Approved members

Congrats on a healthy first year :) each year gets more comftorable and you are doing a great job....it's amazing how much we learn and how strong we can be.

6. momof2greatkids

momof2greatkids Approved members

We're coming up on a year this month, too.

Sounds like you and your daughter are doing great!