- advertisement -

One Touch Verio

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Beach bum, May 3, 2012.

1. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Anyone know anything about it? Saw a commercial for it today and it looked interesting. But it seems that it doesn't use standard strips.

Having trouble with my computer and it keeps bumping me out of that (and a few others) site.

What's the scoop?

2. ChristineJ

ChristineJ Approved members

From what I understand, the Verio has programs that analyze BG's for trends and patterns. It will give a message when it detects something like "always high at 4pm" (just for example). It looks pretty cool. It doesn't use the regular strips; it has Gold strips. I'm not sure what insurance coverage looks like yet.

Christine

3. Lisa - Aidan's mom

Lisa - Aidan's mom Approved members

I just received an e-mail about it; like Christine mentioned it spots trends. It looks interesting and does take special strips. For my DS, everyday is different and I don't see consistent trends; it really depends on his activity/sport that day and what he ate, KWIM? Interesting, nonetheless!

4. emm142

emm142 Approved members

I think it only spots trends in low BGs. Shame really, since I think my high BGs follow more of a trend than my lows do. But I guess they're just playing it safe - you're more likely to immediately harm someone by suggesting they give more insulin than by suggesting that they reduce it.

5. ChristineJ

ChristineJ Approved members

The OneTouch website states:

"The OneTouch? Verio?IQ Meter with PatternAlert? Technology is the first meter to look for patterns of highs and lows, and alert you right on screen."

:)

6. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

7. Beach bum

Finally got on the site. The fact that it takes good strips makes it a no go for us.

8. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

We were just going to get a one month script of gold scripts to try them. When getting different strips in the past insurance lets us get the others but they are not the same name

9. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Oops, looks like I was looking at the Verio Pro - doesn't look like the IQ is out over here.

10. tiger7lady

tiger7lady Approved members

I think the Gold strips also take less blood, 0.4 microliters. I think the regular One Touch strips take 1.0 microliters. So it's nice to see that One Touch is finally getting with the times and offering a meter that takes less blood.

11. candise

candise Approved members

Heaven got hers 2 weeks ago- she loves it. Less blood for sure. It is great how it is rechargeable and looks pretty cool also. Our insurance- Merck Medco covered the strips no problem.

12. Beach bum

If only it was compatible with the Ping. This is why we need to stick with the OT blues, I may call insurance and explain the gold would be needed when she's away from us and using this, and the blues are for when she's home using her remote.