- advertisement -

One Touch Ultra 2 download cable?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Nancy in VA, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Nancy in VA

Nancy in VA Approved members

Do you get one of these with your One Touch Ultra 2 meter? I've been downloading my One Touch Ping pump for years, so I've never downloaded a meter. Now I need to download the meter to get the data to integrate with the t:slim. But I don't seem to have a cable. Did I get one with my meter and I've just put it somewhere? I have 3 meters and don't seem to have ANY cables? Any ideas?

I wish it were USB like her Dexcom and her pump - all these different connectors are a pain in the butt!

2. jenm999

jenm999 Approved members

I have Dex and tslim and don't bother inputting meter numbers into the tconnect software. If there was a correction, it was input manually for the calculation, and if it was food only you can just refer to the Dex. Any changes are made by juxtaposing the two (mentally - still no way to do this via software but there should be! I think Tidepool is working on it).

3. packmule

packmule Approved members

I didn't get a cable with our Ultra 2 meters, but I bought a generic cable from somewhere on the Internet. It works fine and can read the meter data using CareLink, the ancient Windows OneTouch software, and some other tools. Unfortunately my generic cable doesn't work with t:connect. T:connect expects Ultra 2 meters to be connected using the OneTouch cable which uses a different USB to serial chip than my generic cable. So, if you really want to download Ultra 2 data with the t:connect uploader make sure to buy the expensive OneTouch cable.

4. Nancy in VA

Nancy in VA Approved members

Well, our Endo will download our pump and while she'll look at the Dex reports, she will base her recommendations on changes on the meter readings, as the Dex readings are not certified for making treatment decision (per the FDA) and she won't violate that - and I'm fine with it. I also think the dashboard for the t:slim is inaccurate since it only has highs or at meal readings - it doesn't have the lows that we treat, or the few "in range" that we end up testing for, and I wanted a more complete picture of the #s between meter and pump.

It is annoying though that I can't exclude readings - I could do that in the Animas software when we had duplicates, or now when Emma seems to have trouble putting in a reading that starts with "2" as she has put in "2" one time and "20" another time when trying to type "204" or something of that nature. I did put notes on them in the graph but would love to exclude them.