- advertisement -

One Touch-- going codeless

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by yeswe'rebothD, Oct 1, 2009.

1. yeswe'rebothD

yeswe'rebothD Approved members

Tom and I went to a SMA (shared medical appointment, wow, odd stuff there) on Tuesday and one of the nurses told me that One Touch is phasing in going codeless.

She said that all new strips now should be code 25 (or will be very soon) and that eventually they will have no code at all and the new meters will catch up with that.

Yay! I also noticed the newer blue-colored strips seem to be able to use a smaller sample. I've been a One Touch fan from the start, looks like they're listening to what their customers want!

2. Andy'sMom

Andy'sMom Approved members

Thanks for posting this. We have used One Touch from the beginning, so over 4 years now and I noticed the new "blue" stips and that all were code 25. Great news if they are getting rid of the coding!

3. GaPeach

GaPeach Approved members

I've already been loving the 25's.

It's kinda like the old E.F. Hutton commercials - "When we speak - they listen."

4. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

We have 12 boxes of 25's here!

5. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

I wish they'd listen and make strips that are more accurate, require less blood, and don't give errors all the time. We'd love to use the linked meter to our pump.

6. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

I would love to use the linked meter/remote that use the one touch, but my dd always errors out. Maybe I will ask the endo this friday if they have these 25;s that you speak of.

7. MLH

MLH Approved members

I noticed all my test strips were 25. Now if they would just add some light to the minimed meter life would be perfect!:rolleyes:

8. Michelle (IL)

Michelle (IL) Approved members

We've been using the 25's for about a month now or close to it. I wasn't aware of them going codeless...that's great. I have been appreciating the smaller sample size needed :)

9. fdlafon

fdlafon Approved members

We have received 25's for a month or so also.
    It's funny that I realized they were all 25's but didn't think there was a reason behind it! Makes sense though - Thanks for posting.

10. Jacque471

Jacque471 Approved members

Well that explains all of the 25's we have been getting LOL.

I also kinda like the fact that they changed their 50 pack from 2 x 25 to one vial of 50, although it can be kinda hard to get the first few strips out since my finger doesn't fit in the bottle with the stips as well since it is full now.

Now all we need is a light at the end for night time checks and we'll be all set :)

11. Caydens_Mommy

Caydens_Mommy Approved members

I am wondering if this will change the ping remote eventually?? :) Of course if the code is always 25 then it would be kinda like no coding, because you'd never have to change the code.. Intresting info.. Thanks for sharing..

12. angiej

angiej Approved members

Funny. 25's here too :cwds: *however* Alice loves changing the code - She always askes me to root through the supplies box to see if there is a pot with a different code no. She will be gutted if she doesn't get to change the code... :rolleyes:

13. Danielle2008

Danielle2008 Approved members

Happy to hear they are finally addressing it!

I was going to make a thread last week about OneTouch. I noticed the strips were 'new' and now a blue color(light blue). It wanted to know what was up with the new design, seeing they just came out with the other strips earlier this year. Now I know why!!

14. joy orz

joy orz Approved members

Yeah, we are MUCH happier with the blue strips. DH and I thought they used less blood, but after we got an old vial of black ones, we are sure they do. They seem to have less errors too.

I'd recommend if you have the ping, try the blue ones and see if you like them any better. BUT the black ones are still on the market. We got a box of blue last month, then black this month. I'll be happy when it's just the blue ones. :D

15. Jessies_Mom

Jessies_Mom Approved members

So that's why all our boxes are 25's.....I had been wondering.

16. BellasMom

BellasMom Approved members

AHH...that explains all the 25's. Mine aren't blue though? We have 4 One Touch meters...2 mini's and 2 Ultra2's. I love them. Will we have to get new meters...our's aren't that old.

17. Danielle2008

That is odd. You all have the new 25 strips, but they aren't blue?

Here are my current strips. I just got 400 last week, and they are all the new strips. They are a light blue color, and are 25 code. I will say, the quality of the strips do seem better.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Jacque471

Jacque471 Approved members

We don't have the blue ones yet, or at least not that we have opened. We have quite a few strips on hand LOL

What is the expiration date on the blue ones?

19. Danielle2008

Mine say 1/2011

20. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Interesting. Most of the ones we have are black, but we'll keep a lookout for the blue!