- advertisement -

One Touch Delica

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by jules12, Jan 4, 2011.

1. jules12

jules12 Approved members

We recently switched over the one touch delica's because my son liked them better than the multiclix. However, his delica poker has bit the dust. I am going to call lifescan but it sure didn't seem to last very long....I was just wondering if anyone else had the same experience.

2. Brandi's mom

Brandi's mom Approved members

Brandi has had her's for a couple of months and its fine. I wouldnt be happy if it broke as I spent $20 on the darn thing.

3. Amy C.

Amy C. Approved members

The device we purchased had a problem in that the handle that allowed you to "cock" the device came off. We glued it back on and it has worked great.

4. bnmom

bnmom Approved members

We're on our second Delica in two months.

First one started to misfire after about a month...it seems to be a fairly flimsy little piece of equipment, but ds says Delica hurts less, so when the first one went kaput I got another.

5. jules12

jules12 Approved members

Good news is that Lifescan is going to send out one to replace and they want the old one back.

6. MamaC

MamaC Approved members

I called on the 26th to get a replacement Delica. The ejector button for changing the lancet broke. They sent another, which arrived yesterday, and asked me to send the broken one back.

When I received the replacement, I called to ask for another one, because on the 27th, another one broke in the same way. So now they are sending another.

We buy these out of pocket because my kid prefers them. I expect there are some design flaws and they will be examining the broken ones to see where they can make improvements. We have several of them purchased in the last 6 months. It's a pain to sit through LifeScan's endless questions, but at least we're getting replacements.

7. McKenna'smom

McKenna'smom Approved members

I got mine through our Endo. The manufacturer provides them so he can give them out to try. An ejector button broke one of ours as well.

8. Tiff's mom

Tiff's mom Approved members

We got ours about 2 months ago, so far it works good. I see much less calluses on Ds's fingers and he too says it hurts less.
    Good to know though that if it breaks Lifescan will replace it.
    I got it for free with a coupon but had to pay for the lancets.