- advertisement -

One Touch Delica

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Tricia22, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Tricia22

Tricia22 Approved members

I remember someone posting on here about the new One Touch lancer coming out... saw them on the shelf today at Walgreens. I was mighty tempted to pick one up with some lancets... but then I saw the price... $20 for the lancer and $17 for a box of lancets! :eek:
    Has anyone tried this new device? I have heard it is much less painful than most other clickers, similar to the multiclix in comfort level, but it's a smaller one... about the size of the previous One Touch clickers I have.
    Anyone know which glucometer if any it's coming in with?

Thanks!

2. Lorraine

Lorraine Approved members

3. valerie k

valerie k Approved members

Gonna have to go and get one... hope he likes it.

lancet changes? I thought that was a once a year thing with changing the batteries on the smoke detectors ;) (just kidding of cource)

4. Mistync991

Mistync991 Approved members

wow must be really really new..didnt see it on one touch or lifescan website ...saw plenty of other sites selling it though :p

5. raisingainsley

raisingainsley New Member

One Touch Delica Experience

We were just given a sample Delica by the Animas rep on Monday. I understand Kaiser is switching to it soon.

I was attached to our old One Touch lancer and didn't expect to like it as well but we all love it. Our old lancer has a very strong click! that this one is lacking - it's hard to even tell whether it did anything - and my daughter seems to prefer that. Also, on a setting of 3, our old lancer wasn't cutting it anymore but the Delica gets plenty of blood and she doesn't say Ow.

It's hard to tell with a 2yo, but it seems less painful and jarring, and we reliably get enough blood every time and never have to poke twice, something that's very nice for me. Can't wait for Kaiser to start carrying it so we can get more lancets.

6. McKenna'smom

McKenna'smom Approved members

I'm hoping to get one when we see our endo in October. If he doesn't have one, I'll contact our Animas rep.

7. ashley_lynden

ashley_lynden Approved members

I bought one for Sloan a few weeks ago. We had been useing the soft-clix that was with his Accu-chek compact plus and he liked it. but, he started pumping and we're using the One touch ultra-link now so we needed a new poker. He really likes it. I like that it's no so noisy.

8. selketine

selketine Approved members

There is an ebay listing for a Delica for around $10 total with shipping with 6 available.

9. bluedevils_fan

bluedevils_fan Approved members

I saw them at CVS this evening. They are 33g lancets.

10. jules12

jules12 Approved members

We recently switch to the Delica - I was able to get one touch to replace a couple of our old one touch lancing devices and mail me the delica which was very nice of them.

11. Mimi

Mimi Approved members

I really love the lancet drum of the multi-clix though. It's a big plus at school.

I would love for dd to try one but it cost $30 at our pharmacy. (up here in Canada).

12. stevecu

stevecu Approved members

Tried it for a while, and we were unimpressed. DS did said it hurt less, but he said it without conviction. If there's a difference, I think it's minimal. I put the Multi-Clix back in his case a couple of weeks back and it took him 2 days before he even mentioned it.

I found the delica flimsy and difficult to handle; mainly it was hard to grip without hitting the "trigger" button before getting it to his finger. It was also more difficult to change the depth setting (I have to go deeper when he's asleep). I also felt we were using the lancets longer than with the Multi-Clix because they're a pain to change (compared to the Multi-Clix). With the Multi-Clix, I was in the habit of twisting out a new lancet the first time I checked after bedtime. That way we use a fresh lancet each day. I suspect that with the 33 gage needle on the delica lancets, they probably get dull very quickly. So using them longer seems to defeat the purpose.

Bottom line - we didn't hate it.

13. Amy C.

Amy C. Approved members

My 16 year old son loves the delica. I have to change the lancet every day, whereas before we were going longer periods before it was dull. He noticed a huge difference right away. It doesn't hurt at all.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2010
  14. stevecu

stevecu Approved members

I'm just curious. What other lancets has he used?

15. McKenna'smom

McKenna'smom Approved members

We got one to try from our Endo and DD loves it. We now have 3.

16. MamaBear

MamaBear Approved members

We are expecting a free sample of a delica in the mail. We'll see I guess. I'm not willing to switch to anything though until I know what our insurance will or won't cover as far as lancet cost.

17. Amy C.

Amy C. Approved members

Softclix and the standard OneTouch lancet devices that come with the meter.

18. MamaC

MamaC Approved members

Tom's been using the Delica device for several months now. I bought two and couponed one for free. The actual lancets are pricey if insurance doesn't cover them.

19. TheFormerLantusFiend

TheFormerLantusFiend Approved members

Got a sample from my endo- thumbs down.
    Multiclix hurts less.