- advertisement -

one month

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by nmco123, Jan 25, 2010.

1. nmco123

nmco123 Approved members

Well, we did it. We made it through our 1st month of our new diabetes lifestyle. And, I have to say Im proud of us. Im proud of my son for being so great and adjusting so well. What a trooper he is. And he has made it a lot easier for me. Of course we still have our days of tears, highs, lows, etc. But one month ago, I thought we'd never adjust, that this was just gona ruin everything, we were all so devistated. One month later, were happy, healthy, carb smart eaters!

Thanks for all your support CWD!
    :)

2. CrystalK

CrystalK Approved members

Congratulations Nicole!

It sounds like you guys are adjusting very well! And I'm always amazed at how brave our little ones are. It will keep getting easier with time...

Take care!!

3. Toni

Toni Banned

I am so glad you are both doing so well! Great attitude.

4. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Nicole, Colin is my hero! :) All of our CWD are. You are doing great adapting to this life. Your attitude will help Colin accept diabetes and live life to the fullest

5. thebestnest5

thebestnest5 Approved members

Great job!:cwds: Great attitude!:) That makes all the difference when adjusting to a change like you have had.

6. slpmom2

slpmom2 Approved members

Good for you!! I sure wasn't where you are when we were just a month out. At 4 weeks I was just coming up for air for the first time, and it was 6 or 8 weeks before I felt like we would ever approach normalcy again. Sounds like you're all doing a great job with this - hooray!

7. Jen_in_NH

Jen_in_NH Approved members

I'm glad you are all doing so well with this!

8. McKenna'smom

McKenna'smom Approved members

I know exactly how you feel. We are just over a month of this new lifestyle ourselves. I am so proud of the way my daughter has adjusted and adapted to testing her glucose and giving herself insulin injections already. So far so good!

9. linda

linda Approved members

You go!! Way to stay positive and pro-active! Your son is lucky to have you! (and vice-versa) welcome aboard, you are as much of an influence here as this family can be to you! Stay strong! ;)

10. Heather(CA)

Heather(CA) Approved members

That's excellent! You go girls:D!

11. wilf

wilf Approved members

Congratulations to everyone on the team. The one month mark is a significant milestone.. :cwds:

12. Kayla and Ethan's Mom

Kayla and Ethan's Mom Approved members

What a great attitude you have!!! Keep up the good work!

13. Alex's Dad

Alex's Dad Approved members

Congrats, we past that goal , 6 days ago..... :)

14. momma_fish2007

momma_fish2007 Approved members

I do so love this site and I'm glad to hear it's been a help to you. I went almost our first year without using this site and just found it in August of last year and don't know what life was like before. I just love that when you post you get sooo many different answers. I often come here before asking our nurse because I know that there will only be one answer that way and several here.

15. Lizzie's Mom

Lizzie's Mom Approved members

High-five and a fist-bump! :D