- advertisement -

Once upon a time, there was a squinty eyed (sleep deprived) mom

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by MommaKat, Oct 4, 2011.

1. MommaKat

MommaKat Approved members

who wanted nothing more than to fall asleep. Ever aware of the twisted witch sisters Keto and Hypo, she knew she dare not give into desire lest the twisted sisters curse her sleeping child with their vain and ugly characteristics.

The mother fought the dragon Slumber valiantly, but found she could not resist his charm. Suddenly, she remembered the magical font in the land of CWD and went in search of relief. There, many bards she did meet who drove her equally to tears of laughter, sadness, and even ire at the unfair power of the twisted sisters and their diabolical patron Teewon.

Oh... thank goodness - I can finally test!!! Good thing too, I can't believe I just wrote that. Perhaps the powers that be decided to spare you from more. I've definitely moved into the realm of the decidedly punchy from lack of sleep. Praying for good numbers and the promise of a couple of hours rest!

125 and a brief visit from the juice fairy - may sleep be with you

(And we thought she was feeling better :( welcome to stomach bug round 3)

PS, If I find, once I've caught up on Zzzz's that I am mortally embarrassed by this post, is there a way to erase?

2. Lize

Lize Approved members

I absolutely LOVE this! :D:D:D

3. GaPeach

GaPeach Approved members

You brought a smile to my day!:D

4. lynn

lynn Approved members

Great beginning to the story! I think we all have made the acquaintance of those sisters.

I think you should continue your tale...

5. tiger7lady

tiger7lady Approved members

You have nothing to be embarrassed about! That was great and it put a smile on my face!

6. MommaKat

MommaKat Approved members

Woo hoo, a full three hours and I feel much more awake!!

I fell asleep with the browser window open, and this morning while I was making lunches I overheard the kids reading, mumbling to one another, followed by "OMG Mom, you are so weird! Guess I'm doing my job well :D

I was so tired, and having such a hard time keeping my eyes open. Glad my attempt to keep them propped and my brain functioning at minimum brought a chuckle or two. Maybe I will continue the tale, but I'll need to let the powers that be know we need some help with the cure. It's a necessary part of finding an ending to the tale, and I don't think a house falling on Teewon will suffice.

Thanks for laughing with me (oh heck, or at me, I laughed at myself pretty good this morning after rereading that!)

7. Lynnieg123

Lynnieg123 Approved members

I love it! you may be onto a great story there!

8. toohughey

toohughey Approved members

Oh man, where is that diabetes soap opera!! That was sooooo funny. This could be the diabetes fantasy!!

9. Jake'sMama

Jake'sMama Approved members

Never erase - it all speaks to someone!

:cwds:

10. Kazee6

Kazee6 Approved members

I think it would make an awesome kids book if you were ever able to finish it:)..thank you for the laugh!

11. mommabear

mommabear Approved members

love this:DIt's great:D gave me such a good laugh:)

Last edited: Oct 4, 2011