- advertisement -

On the eve of our first year...

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Hayden'sMom, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Hayden'sMom

Hayden'sMom Approved members

...I still can't believe that our little boy has diabetes! Our lives have changed so much since October 15, 2010 and even though diabetes has evolved into an (almost) new normal for us, I still hate it! alot.

Hayden is so amazing and I am so proud of him being the great dude he is... I wish I could change his reality... wish this nightmare was just a dream ... and wish it wasn't so.

But here we are, one year later. We know so much more now, feel more confident with highs/lows/carb counts/sick days... all this "stuff" that seemed so incredibly scary not that long ago. Here we are, completely sleep deprived and deep deeply immersed into the micro-managing of his entire little life... And here we are. We are. And I am so grateful for him. And all that he brings into our lives.

And I want to t hank you all for being here with us. From your computer desks around the world, sharing your information and understanding. And helping us make it this far. Thank you.

2. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

The first year is, or was for me, the hardest.

Congratulations on a healthy year and for all the years to come! :cwds:

3. Catherine

Catherine Approved members

Congrats on your first year!! Keep up the hard work!!!!

4. Rocky Mountain Mom

Rocky Mountain Mom Approved members

5. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Its always hard to believe that the first year is over. Its incredible how much learning takes place in that first year. Not just about diabetes but about yourself and about your child and how brave and amazing he is:cwds: Congratulations of your first year of keeping your son healthy and happy and living life to the fullest

6. HM5388

HM5388 Approved members

Not sure why the first year is such an accomplishment but it is. Maybe because you realize that if you can make it for one year, you really can make it.

Keep with it...