- advertisement -

Omnipod?

Discussion in 'Insulin Pumps' started by AbiTheOtakuGirl, Dec 29, 2016.

1. AbiTheOtakuGirl

AbiTheOtakuGirl New Member

Hey everyone!

So, I was considering getting the omnipod pump once I have the cash saved up considering I feel like my current pump isn't really working for me (I'm currently using the OneTouch Ping pump from Animas) and I just wanted to know how you lovely people feel about it. Pros? Cons? Anything helps really.

Thanks in advance!

2. rgcainmd

rgcainmd Approved members

I have nothing to say that isn't positive about the OmniPod system. It works like a charm for my daughter, which is quite fortunate, as she will not even consider wearing a tubed pump.

3. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

I would second this. Danielle tried the T:slim and we both liked the interface but she hated the tubed pump. So she went with the Omnipod and she really likes it. It's very convenient, easy to use and she can shower/bathe without taking it off. We have had some pod failures but those are only mildly annoying and you have site failures with tubes pumps also. The PDM that you use to remotely manage the pump is good but could stand for an update (coming soon).
    All in all we think it's a great pump and paired with the Dex makes her life a lot more "normal".

Hope that helps!

Good luck

4. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

It's really a personal decision. My daughter has used the T-slim, Omnipod, and Medtronic. She likes them in that descending order. However, what AP devices will be released in Canada soon? Or is the Medtronic 670g already out there? I'd be seriously looking at what would lift the load of diabetes more than tubed vs non-tubed if we were purchasing now. I think the Insulet AP is a year later than others in our pipeline here.

5. sariana

sariana Approved members

We have only used the Animas Ping so far. We are due for anew Pump next month but I heard that J&J are looking to sell their diabetes line of companies :( I wish that we could use the Omnipod, but my T1D does a lot of Aikido and she can not have anything on her waist or back due to the falls that they do. She refuses to use her arm or leg still. Maybe in 4years she will. Do you have a diabetes educator there? We have to make an appointment with one to see all of the pumps that have come out in the last 4 years. Maybe they can assist you with your decision.

6. StacyMM

StacyMM Approved members

It's the only pump my son has ever owned and he's happy on it. It's been about 4 years, I think. My daughter has done T:Slim, MDI, Medtronic and OmniPod...and likes them in that order. It really is individual so see if you can get a demo and see what you think :)

7. Ali

Ali Approved members

I have mainly used Medtroncis and briefly Omnipod. I have had great luck with Medtronics but frankly I would consider any other tubed pump about the same, they have slightly different software but the basics are the same, however...T Slim seems to be in the front for making a pump which allows for software upgrades without a major cost outlay, which is important once you decide to consider using a CGMS...If I have been reading the press report wrong, someone please correct me:)