- advertisement -

Omnipod users

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Diet Dr. Pepper, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Diet Dr. Pepper

Diet Dr. Pepper Approved members

Where is the strangest place you / your child has worn the pod? And which place do you use most?

I've used my calf before and I loved it. I'm only on my third pod so far. :rolleyes:

2. saxmaniac

saxmaniac Approved members

Nowhere strange, but we use the back of the arms and front thighs the most. My son has no belly fat at all to use.

3. emilyblake

emilyblake Approved members

Lila has basic spots.

left and right of:

above butt cheeks
    belly above hip
    back of arms

we didn't try legs - when we tried injections there pre-pumping she would get black and blue and the insulin wouldn't get absorbed well.

She is almost 6 and weighs around 40 lbs. (very lean :p )

4. vettechmomof2

vettechmomof2 Approved members

My daughter was the same way but with the pod she has no problems with absorption on the thigh sites or black and blues.

We use arms, belly, butt, lower back and thighs.
    We mainly rotate between belly, thighs and lower back though and save the arms and butt for the cgms.

5. sooz

sooz Approved members

Hailey still prefers her arms but will do thighs or belly..not back yet

6. SeacoastMom

SeacoastMom Approved members

We rotate between both sides on belly and both upper arms. We never could get good absorption on her back/bum area. We tried several times and numbers were always high which lead to her not feeling well. Legs were never an option as we tried that with injections and it was too painful for her and left terrible bruising.

It has helped us to turn the pods on the belly. We alternate between cannula pointing towards the belly button and cannula pointing towards the hip. This gives us a lot more area to place pods without irritating the same spot over and over again.