advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Omnipod users...read...IMPORTANT!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Lizzy731, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Lizzy731

Lizzy731 Approved members

I changed Bethany's site on Friday and went to give her a bolus about 2 hours later and the PDM beeped and displayed "PDM error...call customer service". So while freaking out that my PDM went bad, I called them and only had to reset it (unfortunately I had to change her site again because the PDM was no longer communicating with the one she was wearing).

Here's the punchline: I didn't know that my hubby had the microwave on at the time I was administering the bolus. The microwave was about 3-4 feet away. The customer service guy said that this is what most likely interfered with the insulin delivery.

So a word to the wise....don't have the microwave on while administering a bolus!

2. jdr

jdr Approved members

Thanks for the heads up.I guess you would have to be within the 3-4 ft range right? Have you ever tried to draw the insulin back out of the pod? We have done this a few times.Are they going to replaced the pod?

3. thebestnest5

thebestnest5 Approved members

Oh my, that must have been scary.:eek:

Did you ask him or he volunteer if anything else would interfere with the PDM communication?

4. czardoust

czardoust Approved members

thanks for the heads up, i emailed this to my mom who uses the omnipod. :)

5. CC'sMom

CC'sMom Approved members

Thanks for letting us all know. That's something I would have never thought of.

6. rmccully2000

rmccully2000 Approved members

Thanks!! That is good to know.
    Becky,
    Mom to Mason, 7 Dexcom, Omnipod.

7. Dawnsmom

Dawnsmom Approved members

Static electricity will also de-activate a pod. Be wary of slides when the pod is on your childs bottom.

8. Lindy

Lindy Approved members

This has me thinking - we were at a playground once and all of a sudden Cooper's pod started alarming - it has only happened once and now I'm thinking it was static electricity! I never would have connected that - and I was wondering what the heck happened!

9. Lizzy731

Lizzy731 Approved members

Your welcome to all...

I forgot to ask them if they would replace the pod. But since we have been changing her every 3 days instead of 2, we have many extra pods. And, I have tried to draw the insulin from the pod before...but we do also have extra insulin for the same reason.

10. aksort

aksort New Member

omnipod software

Does anyone have information on the new software omnipod is putting out in
    june? They show a picture of the new PDM but no actual information on what the changes are.

11. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

Weird, our microwave interferes with the wireless internet and baby monitors. I never have watched our Ping remotes but will for now on. Makes you not want to stand next to those things.

12. chbarnes

chbarnes Approved members

There aren't a lot of software changes on the PDM itself, if I understand correctly. It will download to Abbott's Copilot software. We were never able to get the old software to work, so it will nice to not write it all down by hand.

Chuck