- advertisement -

Omnipod Survey -- now THIS is funny!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by caspi, Nov 17, 2010.

1. caspi

caspi Approved members

With the issues that Omnipod has had recently, it didn't really surprise me to find a survey in my email today. I thought it was great that they were interested in getting in touch with their customers and/or former customers to find out what they were thinking.

So, I take the survey. What were they most interested in knowing???? What kind of case we use - is it the hard case or soft case, and why. And do we use a skin and if not, why.

REALLLLLLY???!!! :eek:

2. majicmaid

majicmaid Approved members

What are the problems with the pod? I'm behind the times.

3. timnshann

timnshann Approved members

I sent mine back with a "too late":eek:
    Yes I wish the line of questioning was geared towards product performance which I hope they will consider so that those that want to go tubeless (like we so desperatley did) will have the option without all of the current issues.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2010
  4. JeremysDad

JeremysDad Approved members

Lots of recent discussions. Do a search for Omnipod. It'll keep you busy reading for quite a while.

Some posters have complained bitterly about failures while others, including me have given it a lot of praise.

5. caspi

caspi Approved members

Bitterly? I think that's a bit harsh, don't you? :confused:

ETA: And how long has your son been on the Omnipod? Two weeks, if I'm not mistaken? ;)

Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
  6. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Some long time users of the pod have been facing occlusion and other issues that they couldn't resolve, despite pretty much knowing every trick in the book. A few have opted for other pumps or taken a break and gone back to MDI for a bit.

7. Mistync991

Mistync991 Approved members

?just because they are new pumpers they cant have an opinion?

I've only been pumping with the omnipod 3 months but my daughter has been pumping with either animas or mm for 3 years...am I allowed an opinion?

in case i am ..i have had to have at least 1 to 2 pods replaced each month so far that died within the first 24 hours so far they have replaced each one so im not bitter about it ..yet :p

8. caspi

caspi Approved members

Who says they can't have an opinion? I just said using the word "bitterly" was a bit harsh, especially for someone that's only been pumping for 2 weeks. The people that have been having issues have been using the Omnipod for a few years.

I'm not sure why you're so angry.... :confused:

9. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

What case:confused: The pod thingy? Are there really hard and soft pods:confused:

Can you tell we're not using one?

10. caspi

caspi Approved members

LOL Paula, the PDM case, not the pods themselves. Apparently they have a hard case and a soft case -- very important pieces of equipment when it comes to pumping, ya know? ;)

11. JeremysDad

JeremysDad Approved members

We have been on the pump for 2 weeks and Jeremy loves it (as noted in my original post.) Like most of us in this group who opt for pump therapy, I did a lot of reading, having searched for the word "omnipod" and read the comments, both positive and negative.

There were lots of posters who love the pod. Their failures were few and they would never go back to MDI.

Then there were some posters who have used the pod for years and lately have had nothing but trouble. Just look at Buggle's post from a few days ago "Back to MDI due to Omnipod disaster" That post has 81 replies and 3217 views. Buggle seems bitterly unhappy with the Omnipod. Other posters in the same thread echoed her sentiments. I was merely responding to mjicmaids question based on my own research.

12. danismom79

danismom79 Approved members

That survey didn't take anywhere near the 15 minutes. I was so disappointed to see that "done" button!

JeremysDad, I hope you didn't get a shipment with boxes of bad pods. I haven't encountered the failures yet, either, but we've had a few before and I can imagine how po'd I'd be if it were happening with multiple pods in a row.

13. caspi

caspi Approved members

I was shocked at how short it was as well -- I was wondering how on earth they thought it could take 15 minutes, lol!

14. swellman

swellman Approved members

I don't think "bitterly" was inaccurate for some posts - I would also throw in "lamenting".

I, too, have been one praising the pod and I wouldn't hesitate for a moment to recommend the pod even if we had to have one shipment replaced. We've been using it for over three years in case you want to know.

15. caspi

caspi Approved members

I read those posts as well and feel strongly that Rella (buggle) was frustrated, not bitter. I just took offense at the word bitter because I didn't see anyone feeling that way. Frustrated, yes. But bitter, to me, has such a negative connotation attached to it.

I personally kept our own negative experience with the Omnipod quiet out of respect for the many, many people on here that were having a positive experience. I didn't say much about it until these issues started coming to light. I wanted to avoid this exact scenario. :cwds:

16. swellman

I don't think you are doing anyone any favors by omitting your experience with the pod - that notion is very confusing to me.

What is more helpful is to share any experiences within an appropriate context so people can better assess the information.

17. caspi

caspi Approved members

What is confusing to me is how people become so defensive when someone does mention issues they are having. I didn't want to get involved with any of that, which is why I kept my mouth shut. If you look back on previous posts, I believe it was in September, one person in particular was told that she must be doing something wrong. :confused: How was that helpful?

My original post was not to discuss the problems with the Pod, as that has already been done in previous posts. It was to voice my disbelief in what I consider to be a very stupid survey when they could be asking more important questions. I did not, and do not, want to get into a debate on whether the Omnipod is good or bad. :cwds:

18. swellman

Well your entire paragraph seems to be in conflict with itself. Why do you think the survey was stupid? That seems incredibly judgmental. Was it stupid for the marketing department to want to know about skins and the use of by their own customers? To me that seems like a very pertinent subject - do they want to spend more resources on accessories or not. Or, more likely from my perspective, do you think that with all the problems they should be more selective with their surveys?

So, to address your OP.

You either fail to understand the false dichotomy you've created and think that, because you received a survey on accessories, they made an internal decision to value accessories over quality issues and customer complaints.

or

You know very well that they are not "more interested in knowing" about accessories and you are taking the opportunity to use a, perhaps ill-timed - to you, survey to further your opinions on the quality of the OmniPod.

I, for one, believe it's the second so don't sit back and say you didn't want to start something when you know that the OP was dripping with sarcasm, snark and resentment. Maybe you should have ended it with "just sayin'".

... and, yes, I saw what I did there.

19. caspi

caspi Approved members

Well, since you seem to have me all figured out :rolleyes:, I'll just end this by saying..... I think it was incredibly poor timing on Insulet's behalf to put out a survey such as this when they are experiencing so many issues with their product at the moment.

And people wonder why so many people are leaving CWD......

20. swellman

Is it even remotely possible that these "so many problems" are in the vast minority? And that it just didn't occur to them that the survey might be a problem?

Oh ... and the old "people are leaving CWD because of the likes of you" gambit. That's nice. And all this time you thought this was a place where you could safely post a sarcastic and judgmental post about a medical company which many of us depend on for our child's safety and well being without contention or having it challenged.

whatev