- advertisement -

Omnipod start on Tuesday - Adhesive ?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by FloridaMom, Feb 12, 2011.

1. FloridaMom

FloridaMom Approved members

What's the best adhesive remover? Where do you get it? Can someone explain how you go about using it with the pods? Thanks in advance!

2. MadeleinesMom

MadeleinesMom Approved members

We use unisolve wipes. I buy them on amazon.com. I wipe around the pod and pull it off.

3. PatriciaMidwest

PatriciaMidwest Approved members

We use Remove by Smith and Nephew. I think there are a few similar products out there. A lot of folks recommend baby oil too.

New Pods: We were told to use 2 alcohol wipes (pressing firmly as you swipe across skin). I let that dry and then use a Skin Prep (Smith and Nephew) over it. Let skin prep completely dry and then put on Pod.

4. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

We don't use the Pod, but the best adhesive remover we've found is De-Solv-It. It's actually for household use, but completely safe for skin. You can buy it at some Wal-Marts. (Not ours - we order it from Amazon). It works like a charm. You spray it on, and the adhesive literally falls off.

5. JeremysDad

JeremysDad Approved members

Jeremy does not use adhesive remover. He makes sure he shaves the area before he attaches the pod but so far, he has not mentioned the need for a remover. He peels the old pod slowly and it seems to come off with ease.

Good luck on Tuesday.

6. FloridaMom

FloridaMom Approved members

Thanks everyone. I am so nervous!

7. Gsmama

Gsmama Approved members

8. Melissata

Melissata Approved members

We tried that for the pods and it leaves a lot of gunk behind, so we finally stopped using it. For some reason it seems to remove the glue from the pod, but it all stays on the skin. Tried with dry cloth and wet cloths and then washed with soap and water after, but still couldn't ever get it all off! It really depends on their skin though, I would just try baby oil first. I can remove the Dexcom well with just baby oil, but I just snagged a great deal on Ebay for some remover wipes that I had before and liked so I am using them for both now. They are called AllKare, by Convatec and you don't need to wash after using like a lot of them say to do. They leave a nice bit of oil on the skin.

9. Lorraine

Lorraine Approved members

We use Unisolve and Remove interchangeably. After almost 4 years, I only recently realized that if you apply the wipe and then wait a few minutes, not only does the Pod come off very easily, but there is no goopy residue. I had been applying and removing without waiting very long and it left a mess, which discouraged me from using it. I'm no longer discouraged!

Good luck. :)

10. taximom

taximom Approved members

Good to know! We stopped using all adhesive removers (also used De-solv-it), because of all the left-over goo. My DS usually takes it off in the shower, or just slowly peels it off, like a band-aid.

11. azdrews

azdrews Approved members

Tiff, we use the Unisolve wipes for Adam's sites, and the Dexcom.

Good luck! Are you guys so excited???

12. LittleGuy'sMom

LittleGuy'sMom Approved members

Just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS on the pump start! :D

13. lakevictoria

lakevictoria Approved members

I usually drench it with baby oil then he takes a bath and peels it off as he's soaking. I think that it helps him relax as well. The only issue with this is getting him OUT of the bathtub. :cwds:

14. vettechmomof2

vettechmomof2 Approved members

We do not use anything. My daughter prefers to shower first and then remove it or just slowly peel it off and scrub it up afterwards.

15. Lorraine

Lorraine Approved members

I can't tell you how this little discovery made both Caleb's and my day! We got distracted getting the next Pod ready and it seemed like magic when we took the old Pod off. High fives all around. heehee :)

16. mom2two

mom2two Approved members

We don't use anything anymore but when we first started we used baby oil.

17. manda81

manda81 Approved members

We've tried several removers, but we just use baby oil. I use a cotton ball and rub it all over the exposed tape parts, then slowly peel it back and babyoil more as we go. It's worked great for us, and it's cheap/easy to find. =)